Windows 10 Black Screen without curser

vorajee

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello

I just got free update and after completing the upgrade display icons and fonts were faded then i downloaded the nvidia driver for windows 10 64bit. Then i installed it and reboot the pc and now i ended up with black screen. After long hours wait it got me the main screen desktop itself. Then i shut it down and start it again in the morning then black screen came up again without cursor. After almost 3/4 hours wait screen got windows 10 logo only on screen and i pressed Alt+Ctrl+Del and it boots i got boot screen and then black screen again.

I am not so techy please tell me how to get my pc on with windows 10 or if i get it on i roll back.

raju g

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
main cause with compatibility issue.Please remove recent software which is installed in safe mode,,,then u r issue will resolve,,

Jozef jurcisin

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I had same problem with my PC Dell XPS 8700
this is how I fixed my problem.Secure Boot was on!
Instructions for manually disabling secure boot:

1) Power down the system

2) Remove the NVIDIA Add-in card

3) Boot the system using integrated graphics

4) Enter CMOS settings. CMOS settings can usually be accessed during boot, typically by pressing one of F1, F2, F8, F12, or Delete (depends on the system firmware) Alternatively they can be accessed in Windows 8 as follows: How To Access The BIOS On A Windows 8 Computer

5) Set Secure Boot to disabled

6) If there is an option, set CSM (or compatibility or legacy mode) to enabled.

7) Save the new settings

8) Power down the system

9) Install the NVIDIA Add-in card

10) The system should now boot

see link
When installing an after-market graphics card into a certified Windows 8 PC with UEFI enabled, the system may not boot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2