Keyboard not working after Windows 10 upgrade. Can't sign in

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
My friend updated to windows 10. And now she can't sign in. It gets to the login screen and just stops there. Tried disconnecting from power source (including removing battery), then putting it back. Still nothing. Please help. The keyboard is un responsive.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
A little more info would be helpful. Type of PC? Keyboard type/brand? Wireless USB? Bluetooth?

These details are needed to help suggest a course of action. . .

Sonevar

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem every time I restart my Win 10 Pro (used to be Win 8.1 Pro) during no choice windows updates. What I found was that the Keyboard itself is still responsive (pressing a key will switch from lockscreen to login screen) but the password field itself does not respond to keyboard input, even though the mouse can still click on it / get a cursor. First time it happened restartting again allowed me to login, second time restarting several times did nothing, but since my pc is a touchscreen i was able to slide off the lockscreen, and press the login box with touch input which activated the touchscreen keyboard that allowed me to get in. This time I got impatient waiting for the lockscreen to engage, so I clicked on the power icon looking for sign-out, only found Shutdown, restart, and sleep. So, I put it to sleep, immediately woke it up, and I was able to type in my password. (right before I searched this problem and posted this here)

Hope this helps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon