11-10-2016 09:59 AM
64 123
tools
    same problem for me also if you found solution please reply me to.
    alberta moore likes this.
    08-01-2016 12:42 PM
    I have a strange problem in my Dell laptop. Yesterday I charged my laptop to 100% in the night and when I woke up in the morning the laptop was showing red light indicating the low battery. I wonder how the battery drained so quickly overnight while the laptop is shut down?! And this is not the first time its happening, I am facing this problem after I upgraded to Windows 10. Is there any solution to this or is anyone else facing a similar problem ?
    08-01-2016 12:44 PM
    Hai,
    I am getting same problem on my dell laptop if you got any resolution procedure please send me.

It was a new laptop, just three months back i purchased it . with other OS its working fine but i am getting problem with the windows 10. I charged my laptop to 100% in the night and when I woke up in the morning the laptop was showing red light indicating the low battery. I wonder how the battery drained so quickly overnight while the laptop is shut down?! And this is not the first time its happening, I am facing this problem after I upgraded to Windows 10. Is there any solution to this. It is not my battery fault it is only problem i am getting windows 10.
    08-02-2016 12:13 AM
    Hai,
    I am also getting same problem on my dell laptop if you got any resolution procedure please send me.

It was a new laptop, just three months back i purchased it . with other OS its working fine but i am getting problem with the windows 10. I charged my laptop to 100% in the night and when I woke up in the morning the laptop was showing red light indicating the low battery. I wonder how the battery drained so quickly overnight while the laptop is shut down?! And this is not the first time its happening, I am facing this problem after I upgraded to Windows 10. Is there any solution to this. It is not my battery fault it is only problem i am getting windows 10.
    08-02-2016 01:12 PM
    Hai,
    I am also getting same problem on my dell laptop if you got any resolution procedure please send me.

08-02-2016 01:15 PM
    The issue was with Intel Management Engine (IME). With installation of Windows 10, IME 11.X gets installed being the latest software. But that has some issues which was draining the battery. I downgraded that to the latest version in 9.X series. That fixed the issue. No awkward battery drains and the battery life is back to what it used to be.

This need not be issue for you. I might be due to some other incompatible driver too. If you are not sure which driver is causing issue, use the latest ones before the launch of Windows 10.
    08-04-2016 05:43 AM
    Hello everybody. I just registered just to let you know that I'm facing this same problem. I thought my battery was useless but first wanted to check any internet forum and I'm glad found this one. My battery looses completely the charge just with 12 hours shut down. My laptop is an Asus X550L and this is happening since my transition to Widows 10. Can anyone explain how to change the fast boot thing? Thank you in advance!!!
    08-07-2016 09:13 AM
    ya bro i am facing the same problem too
    my lap battery is draining every night even though i shut it down
    i am facing this problem from when i updated to windows 10
    08-09-2016 09:48 AM
    Exactly the same problem with my Dell. Battery drains overnight with fast boot turned off. Got so fed up with windows 10 that I formatted the drive and installed Linux. Now the problem has gone, so this is clearly a windows 10 only related bug.
    09-08-2016 04:07 AM
    Can You tell how to downgrade IME?
    09-23-2016 11:21 AM
    If the drain in battery is a little, then it should be normal. If not, it's probably a Windows 10 bug.
    09-24-2016 10:52 PM
    I know for sure it's a problem with Intel Management interface. My Dell 7537 had same issue. To fix that I used older version on Intel software. I also went back to Win 8.1 till Ms came up with anniversary update and did distupgrade from 8.1 to 10 and that worked!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    09-28-2016 10:17 PM
    If you have remote device like keyboard or mouse then turn it OFF before you shut down, if that doesn't work then remove the USB transmitter from the laptop. Worked for me from 100% overnight loss to no loss at all. Dell's only solution was "buy a new battery from us !!!"
    Hope this works for you.
    David (U.K.)
    Last edited by deehcee; 11-08-2016 at 06:00 AM. Reason: spelling error
    11-08-2016 05:58 AM
    Hi,

turn off any remote devices like keyboard or mouse, if necessary remove the USB transmitter which is constantly transmitting to you keyboard /mouse.

Good luck, let us know if it worked for you.

David
    11-10-2016 09:59 AM
64 123