How to use default mail app for sending office documents

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
With Windows 10, I only want to use the default mail application, I don't want to have to use the desktop Outlook version. But I use Word a lot and have to send a lot of documents as attachment, so with Outlook for desktop I used the share > E-mail function. Now with the default e-mail app as a default mailing program, I get the error "there is no email program associated to perform the requested action" and after that "Word couldn't send mail because of MAPI failure".

Any solution to make the desktop version of Word work with the default mail application? Word Mobile can already send e-mails using the default mail app, but then again, you need an office 365 subscription to even use Word Mobile...

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Check out Default Programs, then the first option to set defaults. Then check Mail and make sure it has all it's defaults. I don't know if that will help, but perhaps...

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, thats not the solution for this particular problem. The e-mail app is already the default program for all protocols, yet still Office seems to use another protocol and therefore wont use the app to send emails :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion