I'm ready to admit it.... Windows has gotten worse with 10

patternjake

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 is a terrible OS. Even Windows 8.1 is better for what it was designed for.

Windows 7 is the last and remains the last solid Microsoft OS release. So sad since I've used Microsoft products since having a MS-DOS laptop and Windows 3.11 PC. Made the switch to the Mac earlier this year, and I'm not regretting it.

patternjake

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 is the final version of Windows I am afraid, Microsoft confirmed that by announcing it is the last version and is now a 'service'. Which is ironic because it doesn't serve us, we serve it, with our personal information.

coldmail-inlook

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 is a terrible OS. Even Windows 8.1 is better for what it was designed for.

Windows 7 is the last and remains the last solid Microsoft OS release. So sad since I've used Microsoft products since having a MS-DOS laptop and Windows 3.11 PC. Made the switch to the Mac earlier this year, and I'm not regretting it.
Those who believe 7 is 'more solid' than 8.1 are those who are having a rare compatibility issue of some sort, or else they just haven't yet heard of Classic Shell. Switching to the Mac, and not regretting it, is probably suggesting that the latter holds true.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
fresh install - let me tell you it's a sad state of affairs that I need to use firefox to do my email because the mail app is a pile of crap that does not reliably send email.

hirobo2

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
michaelaf said:
Except for virtual desktops which I appreciate very much.

Virtual desktops have been available on Windows since XP. There's a FREE utility from Microsoft called desktops (that is part of SysInternals suite of tools on Microsoft Technet) that allows you to have virtual desktops on XP/Vista/7/8.1 you name it. No need to use Windows 10 JUST b/c of virtual desktops...

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes

The commercial media industry is undergoing a major transition as content providers move away from proprietary web plug-in based delivery mechanisms (such as Flash or Silverlight), and replace them with unified plug-in free video players that are based on HTML5 specifications and commercial media encoding capabilities. Browsers are moving away from plug-ins as well, as Chrome is with NPAPI and Microsoft Edge is with ActiveX, and toward more secure extension models.

gregmcmurry

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I know what you are saying...

I have way more things to do in my life than deal with some new stupid operating system. I can hardly stand it...

I have many machines running XP and 7 and I really don't have a problem with any of them. W10 is just another way of MS trying to get back some of the MAC defectors.

Lets face it guys, those that want a MAC will have a MAC. Many of us just want a computer and to be left alone.

I don't way flashy icons and stuff all over my desktop (unless I put it there)

I just want Windows 98 / Windows 2000 / Windows XP or Windows 7.

I want the simplicity of windows with menus. I don't like the new versions of EXCEL either (so you know where I am coming from).

I like using my keyboard and not reaching for the touch screen or the mouse. (you can't do that any longer)

So young MAC kids get a job at MS and its downhill from there.

OK -- I am glad that some day I won't have to really get any work done on my computer. I am soon to retire.

G

decider

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
The only thing I do not like about 10 is that it does not provide tablet experience like 8.1, which is what I miss. If I could go back to 8.1 on my new surface, it would make it a better table experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon