About Window 10 & Pattern Lock

Vipin Khanna

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
sir i really want to know that why windows phones are so behind to android phones. Till now you were not been able to provide us with patern lock or seprate locks for different application, so that i can secure my personal things with a another lock system. even in new window 10 preview there is no option of this type or lock. why you are so behind to android, atleast provide use with different apps lock system so that if onces my phone is been unlock then also i am insure that my personal files could not been open. when these facities will be provided to us, when we all switch to android phones.

Last edited:

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
There's no pattern unlock on iPhone either.

Just go buy an Android if it's so important to you, but don't act like your files aren't secure without it. There's still the code lock, and Windows Hello features are coming as well. How many Androids have retina scan unlock?

Vipin Khanna

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
There is no pattern lock in iphone but it is much of better phone then window, that's why they are booking millions of profit and you need to cell nokia to micosoft it seems that they are also not been able to run the company. we are your customer not your worker, if we are paying you then we also need something which is efficient, so its better to improve your technology rather geting irritating here.
and dear androids has fingers scan lock too. just improve yourself so that it can help you to defend yourself better.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...you were not been able to provide us...

Just to be clear, this is a fan based News and Discussion site. It is in no way run by Microsoft, Lumia or any developer.

We are not able to provide an OS or Firmware. It's like asking your cousin who uses Windows Phone to fix it for you. He may want to, but is not in the position to do so.

In terms of your files and data on your phone. Pin lock the screen. That helps prevent Thieves from accessing anything.

If it is a significant partner snooping on your phone, change the pin and never give them the new one. If they persist, get rid of them. They should not be going through your phone.

If it is a friend, get a better class of friend. If I handed a friend my phone and they started poking at all my emails, texts, banking etc. I would smack their hand as hard as I could and tell them, "Don't touch. Baby must learn that fire will burn their little hand."

Honestly, in my 52 years of life it has never been an issue for me that someone I know has snooped on my phone. Take control of this issue yourself.

If this is just to complain about something... Carry on, but please provide a scenario on what casual intrusions on your device you need to prevent.

App locks do not provide against outside breaches any better than the pin lock on the main screen.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
There is no pattern lock in iphone but it is much of better phone then window, that's why they are booking millions of profit and you need to cell nokia to micosoft it seems that they are also not been able to run the company. we are your customer not your worker, if we are paying you then we also need something which is efficient, so its better to improve your technology rather geting irritating here.
and dear androids has fingers scan lock too. just improve yourself so that it can help you to defend yourself better.
Since the iPhone and Android "much better phone", why are you wasting your time on Windows?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Oh how hilarious. Another hissy fit. Please, sir, just sod off to Android or iOS. Thank you very much, and have a lovely day.
Complaining will get you nothing but a slap on the hand.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Pattern locks are awful, they are really easy to see on people unlocking their phone even if you don't intend to see it.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
sir i really want to know that why windows phones are so behind to android phones. Till now you were not been able to provide us with patern lock or seprate locks for different application, so that i can secure my personal things with a another lock system. even in new window 10 preview there is no option of this type or lock. why you are so behind to android, atleast provide use with different apps lock system so that if onces my phone is been unlock then also i am insure that my personal files could not been open. when these facities will be provided to us, when we all switch to android phones.
If pattern lock is the last good thing you see Windows phone is behind wrt Android, better bing or google how easy it is proven to be useless and easy to unlock !! If you are not much techy, still there are nice good articles to tell how insecure pattern locks are.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so there's two points here

1) Pattern locks are the second most insecure way of locking your phone, second only to having no lock at all. All anyone has to do is follow the smears on the screen and there's a 50/50 chance of cracking it.

2) There's a misconception that Android offers app locking. It doesn't. All it does is offer a system that so insecure that it allows any app to access/control another. When you're using an app locker, you're making the assumption that the developer cannot obtain your pin code and collect any data that's contained in the app that's being locked....

Panos Athanasiou

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
you know to lock apps in android you need seperate apps right? the only thing android has in it is the patterns for lock screen but still android phones are unlocked from ppl for 20 bucks :3 (depends on phone too)

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Out of 20 ppl in my class 18 of them have an Android phone, one has an iPhone and of course i have my WP. And 'sir' out of those 18 Android users i know the patterns of at least 15 of them just by looking them unlocking their phones every day. And how many of them can unlock my phone? Well, no one. Guess it's up to being fancy rather than secure. God save as all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon