When I plug in headphones I need to restart PC to get audio

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks

Ive got a little issue, whenever I plugin headphones (usb) I dont get sound and the sound is still going through speakers, I didnt had problem with this until the latest update on Windows, its really annoying cause everytime I want to switch to headphones I need to restart my PC.

Yes I checked sound settings, the headphones are there when I plug them, theres just no sound. Anyone with similiar issue or fix?

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks

Ive got a little issue, whenever I plugin headphones (usb) I dont get sound and the sound is still going through speakers, I didnt had problem with this until the latest update on Windows, its really annoying cause everytime I want to switch to headphones I need to restart my PC.

Yes I checked sound settings, the headphones are there when I plug them, theres just no sound. Anyone with similiar issue or fix?

so you have your headset checked as being default audio? so when you plug them they will become default on the default playback setting?
full_17_e78723a82c32b57d467b69dbc4d9e559.png

also you don't need to restart your computer, you can try uninstalling the speakers and the headset drivers on driver manager or on Settings, Devices, Connected Devices and you remove them and you plug them and they should reinstall.

you could also disable the speakers while you use the headset so you know the sound won't go there.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
so you have your headset checked as being default audio? so when you plug them they will become default on the default playback setting?
View attachment 113089

also you don't need to restart your computer, you can try uninstalling the speakers and the headset drivers on driver manager or on Settings, Devices, Connected Devices and you remove them and you plug them and they should reinstall.

you could also disable the speakers while you use the headset so you know the sound won't go there.

I tried this and it didnt worked, they just wasnt working until I restarted the PC. But right now it works I dont know why, will tell you if it happens again.

Aug 17, 2020
Visit site
I tried this and it didn't worked, they just wasn't working until I restarted the PC. But right now it works I dont know why, will tell you if it happens again.

I'm currently having a similar issue. When I turn on the laptop and try to play anything (music/videos from different players, or online music or videos such as YouTube) no sound coming from my headphone. But if I remove headphones, sound just works fine with in-built speakers.
But if I restart the laptop, it works through headphones just fine.
It's hard to keep restarting the computer every time I come back to use it. If I put it on sleep mode and comes back later and try to play what's paused a song or video, again no sound from headphones.

Can anyone help please ?

yuanyasmine

Feb 26, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

It sounds like a driver compatibility issue since there are instances when the headphones work. It is also possible that you have multiple or duplicate speaker devices in the Device Manager. To further isolate the cause of this problem, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. This tool can help diagnose and fix hardware issues.

Click Start.
On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on Troubleshooting from the results.
Click Hardware and Sound.
Under Device, click Hardware and Devices.

yuanyasmine

Feb 26, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

It sounds like a driver compatibility issue since there are instances when the headphones work. It is also possible that you have multiple or duplicate speaker devices in the Device Manager. To further isolate the cause of this problem, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. This tool can help diagnose and fix hardware issues.

Click Start.
On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on Troubleshooting from the results.
Click Hardware and Sound.
Under Device, click Hardware and Devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon