Several problems after migrating to Windows 10 (Cortana, sound, mouse detection..), can I get some help fixing them?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Several problems after migrating to Windows 10 (Cortana, sound, mouse detection...)

Hi, I've migrated a few weeks ago to Windows 10 from 8 and it's driving me crazy.

I've been experiencing several intermittent problems since then:

1) Every now and then I get the critical error "Start Menu and Cortana aren't working...". I have to shut down the computer (restart doesn't work, changing user session neither) for this error to disappear.

2) The USB mouse I use turns off also every now and then. I have to plug it out and it again several times until it detects it again.

3) Sometimes I'm listening to music or watching videos and the sound stops automatically. The music program I use (foobar 2000), stops too. Videos continue but without sound. I have to restart Windows to get sound again.

I didn't had any of those problems before migrating to Windows 10, so I guess they are related to Windows 10 (and maybe even related to each other). I've googled for solutions for each of the problems and tried a few of them, without luck. It's difficult to check if a solution really works, because the problems are intermittent, they don't appear always.

I wanted to go back to Windows 8, but I don't want to have to reinstall everything and I've read that the "easy" solution for going back is only available for the first month with Windos 10 (and I've been more than that now).

Do you know what could be causing my problems and a solution for them?

Thanks a lot!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3