Xbox one controller not working on Windows 10 anymore

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

since the update to 10576, my Xbox One controller isn't working anymore to stream games to my SP3.
Worked perfectly before but now it just won't go...

It's detected in Device manager as "Xbox controller", removed it, reinstalled, tried other usb-cable, other usb-port, tried updating drivers but no joy...
Whenever I connect the cable, the controller's light just won't go on.
Batteries are replaced but still nothing...

Anybody else had this problem and a fix?

Hopefully this is the right forum for that :)

Cheers!

mxzhonkey

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I also have the same problem. I have tried everything. There is a thread on Reddit says is has issues with the Intel USB Host controller configuration, which on Surface and My HP we cannot change in the UEFI

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
can't understand how this can be broken all of the sudden after it worked perfectly on my Surface Pro 3???
Streaming to computer is one of the main features I use on Windows 10 as the tv here isn't always (even rarely) available for gaming...

Hope they get this sorted out quickly.

cH40z-Lord

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Having the exact same issues. Worked fine in 10565, upgraded to 10576 and suddenly it stopped working. Every time you plug it in you can hear a constant "beep" that Windows tries to recognize it but fails to do so. I could reproduce this issue by formatting my PC, installed 10565 where it still worked but after another upgrade to 10576 it stopped working again.

According to the Windows Feedback app we're not alone with this issue. Guess we'll have to wait for either another version of the driver or a new Windows 10 build

cH40z-Lord

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Fortunately with build 10586 it's working again just like before. Glad they fixed it, otherwise I'd have called yet another build a major fail if even their own hardware doesn't work properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo