No Pro option in media creation tool

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
@Ryujingt3 I'm having the exact same problem on my 16 gb tab which had to use the media creation tool from another laptop because it didn't have space to do the upgrade via windows update.

Mine cannot be due to replacement hardware - it's a laptop.

I contacted MS support and they were not much help to be honest. I have since used the same Media creation Tool to 'upgrade' my installation to see if that works. Will report back and see, I am not holding my breath. I don't want to go back to 8.1 to upgrade to 10 just for this.

We should be able to do a clean install. I did a clean install of Windows 10 before on the same machine and it activated itself automatically with no problem so I am not sure why I get this error now.

Dhruvansh Soni

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
@Ryujingt3 Mine isn't either, I selected all the same options and everything like it said in the Windows central post. I too contacted MS support and they basically told me to contact the oem... which is useless because the oem has nothing for the tab :/ I don't really know what to do now.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't have my OEM recovery media for 8.1 anymore and we shouldn't have to do that. I was able to clean install W10, I don't understand why I can't do it again.

I will try a few more things and post back.

Ian

Dhruvansh Soni

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't have my OEM recovery media for 8.1 anymore and we shouldn't have to do that. I was able to clean install W10, I don't understand why I can't do it again.

I will try a few more things and post back.

Ian

Same here. I can't install 8.1 either because of some bug in intel DPTF drivers which won't let me do it. The fall upgrade wrecked my touch screen (doesn't work at all anymore) and many many cpu drivers. :/ This shouldn't happen!!

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
If you've already upgraded or installed Windows 10 and want to do a clean installed:
Go to Settings, Update&Security, Recovery. Under the top section "Reset this PC" click "Get Started". Then opt to not keep anything upon restoring the unit.

If you have another version that is NOT Windows 10, you'll need to download the Microsoft Windows Media Creation Tool. Or obtain the ISO. Have your Windows Product key handy. It's a sticker on your computer somewhere (bottom, side, top, back). Or use the Magical Jellybean Key Finder. Note the version just in case. Run the Windows 10 tool and upgrade your unit, keeping everything. This will register your current Windows version key with Microsoft. Once Windows 10 is installed, follow above option for clean install. The Media Creation tool include the pro version.

You should really make a new Microsoft Account if you have not done so already. Preferably a brand new Outlook.com email account, OR create an alias for your existing account with the oulook.com domain. This can be done via the web on your MS Account page.

Some computers did not get the upgrade option yet to Windows 10 because drivers are still being developed. You can try using the Media Creation tool to leapfrog to Win10, but drivers may not be available for your specific computer. Even if you got the upgrade to Win10 option, drivers can still cause issues. Those are not Microsoft issues, but manufacturer. I'd go to your device Manufacturer website and download all drivers for your device and save to flash drive first, then install Win10. If drivers are needed, just install from your flash drive. Most important is your network drivers. Once you're online, you can download the rest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon