Conspiracy Theory on lack of Mobile builds

wintheta

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Here's a highly speculative conspiracy theory: Recently, since build 10581, MS is, has been, & will continue to keep new/RTM mobile builds out of insiders hands on purpose until the Lumia 950 & 950XL are released and reviews are written. Why? So negative reactions and a thorough vetting of what still doesn't work in W10 mobile by insiders doesn't cloud the product launch & initial holiday sales or generate more negative details about W10 mobile for press reviews of the 950 series to include the salacious details of (i.e. bad press). Anyone gripped by this admittedly unsubstantiated hunch?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
There hardly has been a lack of builds, on the slow ring maybe but on the fast ring?

Nope, far from it.

You guys need to stop spamming the update button, it's not going to update any faster or cause a miraculous reaction :winktongue: .

wintheta

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Nah, Windows Mobile users have been told to be patient since Windows Phone 7, and this strategy has been working out great for us so far ;-P .

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I meant MS is sitting on new builds *recently*, since 10581 -- edited my post accordingly.

It's been 13 business days since 10581. If you take into account that MS try not to release builds on Mondays or Fridays, that comes down to 4 release days ago.

wintheta

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Pete, they clearly have an RTM as evidenced by the fact that the Lumias are released on Friday. Why are they sitting on that build for insiders? (Your patience and understanding of MS is Zen like -- I applaud you.)

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The RTM build will be whatever state the OS is in at that point. Much the same as was the case for Windows 10; we'll see updates and new features added over time. There's no real sense of "finished" when it comes to Windows 10.

extrikate

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Pete, they clearly have an RTM as evidenced by the fact that the Lumias are released on Friday. Why are they sitting on that build for insiders? (Your patience and understanding of MS is Zen like -- I applaud you.)

They aren't "sitting" on it. The fact that it is ready on the 950 & 950XL is not the same as having it ready for all other devices. Although the OS itself should be the same, there is the issue of hardware compatibility with the various device configurations. Unlike desktops, MS can't expect the user to download the latest drivers from the manufacturer since that isn't how mobile works. It is a balancing act of testing to prevent a poor experience on any advice as it can quickly become a headache for MS if performance is lacking.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
273.gif

The RTM could be tailored to the 950 family or it hasn't made it to the Insider rings yet.

I honestly see this is an impatience issue since it hasn't been all that long since the last build. If anything PR has only suffered to doofs who installed 10 a while back looking for a shiny new free upgrade only for it to go south and them to blame MS for buggy code.

I occasionally pick up (metaphorically) a tin-foil hat but not this time.

Panos Athanasiou

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
lolz like i am not badmouthing at all xD actually i dont fill that the last build is missing something actually it gives me alot more features overall as it is windows and does things with my pc. i actually find it more handy than android :3 now at this latest build

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon