Difference between Data sence and Operator info

Beercules

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey there, did not found similar topic, so started this one.

As I had 8.1 few months before my I used mobile data limit with data sence and there was no problem - usage difference between data sence and oparator info was with very small difference and I almost never reached my data limit.

As I updated to Windows 10 I notice that my data usage according to operator have increase and I reached my limit before the end of the month. As a first month I thought, maybe because I was so excited about W10 and gave it a fresh start next month. But the situation didn't change - data sence shows smaller mobile data usage than my operator and I am almost at the limit again.

I didn't change my mobile data usage comparing to 8.1, so I see no reason why I should run to limit second month in a row - I use WIFI at home and everythere I can.

Is it possible that then Mobile data and WIFI both are connected phone uses Mobile data instead of WIFI, but does not count it?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
You may want to check with your operator how they determine your usage. In my case, Data Sense measurements and that from my Mobile Service Provider are the same, give or take 5% error.

Even if both my Wi-Fi and Cellular Data are connected, my phone seems to correctly count the usage for each respectively. However, since sometimes connecting to Wi-Fi doesn't force "Wi-Fi" only, as a habit I always disconnect Cellular Data when I connect to Wi-Fi at home.

Beercules

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I do not believe my operator changed anything how they determine data usage, since everything was OK until I was using WM8 for over 2 years.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Then the only way to prove or disprove our working theory is to turn of cellular data whenever you're connected to Wi-Fi, and observe the behavior over a span of a few weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs