Serious battery drain Messaging+Skype W10 Mobile?

franco-vela

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi people, I had a Lumia 1020 and was using W10 Insider Preview (I tested all builds). My phone's battery was HORRIBLE, with a bit of luck I could get 7 or 8 hours of battery with little use (build 10581 too). Yes, I hard reseted after installing every build.
After trying some things I realized that the problem was Messaging+Skype. I disable it from running on background and woila! battery was almost like WP 8.1.
Now, I have a Lumia 930 (beatiful phone), I used it for a week with 8.1 Denim and battery was a such a big improvement from my loved (but old) Lumia 1020.
Yesterday I couldn't resist to install the last build of W10 so I did it. I know that I should wait for at least two day to see how battery is performing.
First charge cycle was horrible too, but it's expected. Second cycle was better but I still see that Messaging+Skype is draining a lot of battery.
The questions are, did you managed to solve this? Or, in first place, do you have this problem? Can I disable Skype integration to see if gets better?
Thanks in advantage and sorry if my english it's not good

lunaticjim

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
If you disable it from running in the background, will you still get text and skype messages when the app is closed?

Im having the same issue over the last few days with my Lumia 1520.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes