If you have a phone with Windows 10 Mobile installed...

natelawrence

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I do my best to answer people's questions on the Photosynth forums.

In July of 2015 funding was pulled for patching and bugfix maintenance to Photosynth's mobile apps and the apps were removed from the Windows Store and the iOS App Store.

A lot of people have been asking since July how to get the app back after uninstalling the app, wiping their device, or getting a new phone.

I don't have a Windows Phone 8 or Windows 10 Mobile device myself, so would appreciate it if someone who does have a Windows 10 Mobile phone could confirm that sideloading this app works for you and that the WP8/WP8.1 app runs under Windows 10 Mobile.

It is still possible to find copies of the app online, but you cannot get it through the store any longer.

Windows 10 Mobile has a very easy option to sideload apps which aren't in the Windows Store.

1) Open 'Settings'
2) Select 'Update and security'
3) Select 'For developers'
4) Choose 'Sideload apps'

Now you need to download a copy of Photosynth's old mobile pano app.
I've collected all the versions I could find and compiled them on OneDrive.
Due to not being able to add links to my post, please search the web for: 1LDfZvq

If you have success, please include any other steps that were necessary to get the app to work as well as the model of phone that you are using.

Thanks in advance.

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
It was automatically installed on my 950 when I restored my backup. (You can currently download "delisted" apps from the Store from your "My Library".)

Who knows when/if Microsoft will plug that hole.

BTW: The version it installed is 1.9.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes