Stop 2 a.m. "Back up now?" notifications

drew_t

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Can someone tell me how to disable audible and vibration notification for prompts to back up the phone? The stupid phone has woken me up at 2:00 a.m. a couple of times this way. I've looked through the various settings menus but haven't found a way to silence these things, or at least make them happen during the daytime. Lumia 640 with whatever the latest Insider build is. Thanks.

Vlatko Stojanovski

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't remember seeing that option in any of the insider builds from the start till now.

There is one thing I'd try though. I'd turn off the scheduled backups for one evening to see if the prompt appears again.

That would establish if the prompt is driven by this setting. If it is, since we can't set the times anywhere, try turning it back on in a time that would be more appropriate (for example 8am/8pm).

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
The only proper solution to not be disturbed at night, is to enable Cortana and configure Quiet Hours.
For you problem the solution will be:
Settings -> Update & Security -> Backup -> Turn off the options
then go to
More Options
and make sure it says "Backup is disabled".
You shouldn't get notifications afterwards.
If you receive notifications from Microsoft like "What do you think of this build?" or "Will you recommend Edge to anyone else?" You can also turn these ones off by going to:
Settings -> Privacy -> Feedback & Diagnostics
Windows should ask for my feedback:
Change it to "Never".

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Go to Notifications & actions settings, and turn off the notifications for Backup. If you have received these notifications in notification center even once, they should be enabled there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon