Odds that these Features will come back?

Halfempty_dg

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I have to make a decision as to whether or not I return my 950XL, and it comes down to "faith" in certain WP features returning. Is there anyone here (e.g. Daniel) who have any insight into any of these items?

-People Hub: Messaging History per contact
-Notifications on Contact Live Tile
-Double Tap to Wake
-Swipe to get to Hamburger menu items instead of actually having to hit the hamburger item. Even Android allows access to the menu via a left to right swipe.

Microsoft has been good at receiving feedback, but not so insightful on what will be added / corrected. I think at $849 CAD that's a lot to ask of someone.

I'm in the camp where it doesn't feel like this phone is a "love letter to the fans". In fact, it seems less like Windows Phone and more like Android. If I can get those features back, which led me to buy the L920 and L1520 in the past, I will definitely stay in the Windows camp.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have one week left in my return period.

Thanks!

Edit: And just to be clear, my 950XL has been great. Stable. Minimal reboots, and the OS pretty stable. It's really come down to whether I really feel this is Windows now, or a Windows / Android hybrid.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
-People Hub: Messaging History per contact
-Notifications on Contact Live Tile
-Double Tap to Wake
-Swipe to get to Hamburger menu items instead of actually having to hit the hamburger item. Even Android allows access to the menu via a left to right swipe.

Unknown-People Hub: Messaging History per contact
Unknown-Notifications on Contact Live Tile
Yes, they are working on it-Double Tap to Wake
This is already being implemented on an app-by-app basis.-Swipe to get to Hamburger menu items instead of actually having to hit the hamburger item. Even Android allows access to the menu via a left to right swipe.

Thing is with the Hamburger menu, devs, including those writing for Microsoft, now have to put the code in each app to make it swipe. Some apps are already doing this, as are some (not all) of the core apps.

I can't speak to the first 2. I would think Microsoft would be working on making Contact Live Tiles to work properly again, but I just don't know and I refuse to just tell you what you want to hear or what I would like to see.

To me, the messaging history per contact is important. I just don't know if that one is coming back. I know people have been asking for it.

The best we can do right now is to upvote things that have been suggested.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon