Lost WiFi Calling and Mobile Hotspot after upgrading to W10M

Per Bylund

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I took the plunge as we entered 2016 and installed Windows 10 Mobile (through the slow ring Win Insider) on my T-Mobile Lumia 640. First got the .29 version yesterday, and was prompted to update to the .36 version this morning.

Whereas most everything works great, I can't get WiFi Calling to work - or the Mobile Hotspot.

WiFi Calling. Won't connect, but after trying a soft reset it worked for a while. I've tried everything I can think of except a hard reset (which I really don't want to do) since, but nothing seems to get the WiFi Calling to reconnect. It worked beautifully in 8.1, so I'm blaming 10. I haven't been able to find solutions to this problem online.

Mobile Hotspot. Tried turning it on through the notification center, but it got stuck on "Connecting..." Then went to settings and found that it was not on (the on/off toggle set to off, probably because it was still connecting). So I toggled it to "on," which just made the setting (not the rest of the phone) freeze. Needed to do a cold reboot to get back to normal. But obviously the Mobile Hotspot isn't working properly.

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot and/or solve this? It's my daily driver, so perhaps the upgrade was a bit risky (though W10M is pretty much RTM, right?). In any case, I'm desperate to get it working - if I don't have to go through a hard reset or the recovery tool (meaning installing forever, possibly losing HERE Drive, etc.). Thanks!

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Yep, T-Mobile doesn't support W10M yet, so no WiFi calling. Hopefully once T-Mobile approves the W10M update WiFi calling will come back.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre