I'm using windows 10. I have backed up my photos to onedrive. The photos now show up, in file explorer, both on my C drive and in the onedrive folder. Does this mean I now have 3 copies of the photos - the original, the one in the cloud and a synched copy?I have run WinDirStat and it does look like I have two copies of my photos locally. Can I use onedrive to just store a backup without creating an additional local copy?
    01-08-2016 11:38 PM
    I'm using windows 10. I have backed up my photos to onedrive. The photos now show up, in file explorer, both on my C drive and in the onedrive folder. Does this mean I now have 3 copies of the photos - the original, the one in the cloud and a synched copy?I have run WinDirStat and it does look like I have two copies of my photos locally. Can I use onedrive to just store a backup without creating an additional local copy?
    This is what I do. I create a new folder in one drive, sync it with the pc, add my photos, wait for them to finish uploading, then in onedrive site, I move these photos to the appropriate folder and then in the onedrive app for pc, I don't sync that folder. So locally nothing remains but my photos go into the cloud

In a more simple way, create folder, add photos, upload, unsync that folder with pc
    01-09-2016 04:41 AM