Why do desktop icons move?!

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
why, Why, WHY do desktop icons move around? As I recall, this has been an issue in Windows for years and it never gets fixed. I know my Surface 2 with Windows RT had the same problem with things shifting around for no good reason, which is HIGHLY ANNOYING.

Anyway, I just had to restart my Surface Pro 4 because the pen decided to stop working -- again -- and re-pairing it didn't correct the problem. So it reboots and when the login screen pops up it's randomly rotated 90 degrees. I have no idea why; the thing NEVER moved from landscape position on my desk.

I awkwardly sign in (WITHOUT moving or rotating the computer at all) and once I'm deposited on the desktop again the couple dozen icons I keep there are all jumbled around. Now keep in mind, it?s not like my desktop is totally packed with junk, I keep ongoing projects and things like that there for easy access. Icons often get jumbled around when I use the SP4 in tablet mode, which is annoying beyond belief.

Why does it do this? I have no special registry tweaks, elaborate secondary displays or crazy screen resolutions. This is basically 100 percent stock Windows 10. *Sigh* I guess this is just life in Microsoft land ?

Oh, and THANK YOU in advance for any suggestions or tips for making this stop.

argenys

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I wonder if this is the issue that was just fixed in the newest build. I suggest looking at the fix list to see if it's the same issue. I hope it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes