Quiet Hours disabled WP10 in UK

Ian Bradbury

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
Hope this is the right place to ask this.
I've got new 950XL dual sim (Euro import to the UK). Everything seems fine except Quiet Hours appears disabled. Digging around a bit I've found I can get it to work if I set the region to United States but I'd prefer to possible (US region setting seem to customise my news to being US-centric.)
Is it possible to have UK region and quiet hours?
Thanks in advance.

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
It's crazy that MSFT link such a basic function to a service (cortana) that they couldn't release globally. In my area (Taiwan), I have to change my region/language setting in order to just get a quiet night without getting bothered by all the app/IM notifications while expecting my phone works as alarm next to my bed in the morning.

And this brought up another issue : terrible multi-language support ability of the OS. When I set my phone in traditional Chinese language, the app list separate those apps with a-z (apps with English name) and with Taiwan's phonetic symbol (apps with traditional Chinese name - local niche apps mostly). However, when I switched to en-US then all my apps which not having English names are classified under one global icon. I tried to install an app with Russian name and it sits in the same slot with all my Chinese named apps.....this makes the app list useless.

It is totally irritating....

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed I have the same issue, UK phone with the latest insider update. I'll need to find some time tomorrow to look into it.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Quiet hours only work if cortana is active and location is turned on...

Posted via the Windows Central App on Limited edition Lumia 950 or Lg g4
Surface pro 4 lumia 1020, 535 moto e

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eddacker