quiet hours option is missing

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I have Lumia 1520 Thailand unlocked with recently Denim updated. While I live in Thailand, I set my Lumia region to US to get the benefit of Cortana. Whenever I want to download app in Thailand store, I change region back to Thailand and change back to US after the download.And I have been able to do this for as long as Cortana is available.

Today I did just that and I found later that the quiet hour in quick action (the one in notification center) has been replace by camera. I tried Setting > notifications+actions > choose your quick actions > and I tried to change from camera to quiet hour. But the quiet hours option was not there to be found.

I tried reset Cortana, set inner circles and quiet hour and try to turn quiet hours on, using Cortana, it works just fine. I also delete all IE history and cache soft reset once and reboot twice. Still quiet hour option is no where to be found in quick action. Any idea how to fix this?

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have Lumia 1520 Thailand unlocked with recently Denim updated. While I live in Thailand, I set my Lumia region to US to get the benefit of Cortana. Whenever I want to download app in Thailand store, I change region back to Thailand and change back to US after the download.And I have been able to do this for as long as Cortana is available.

Today I did just that and I found later that the quiet hour in quick action (the one in notification center) has been replace by camera. I tried Setting > notifications+actions > choose your quick actions > and I tried to change from camera to quiet hour. But the quiet hours option was not there to be found.

I tried reset Cortana, set inner circles and quiet hour and try to turn quiet hours on, using Cortana, it works just fine. I also delete all IE history and cache soft reset once and reboot twice. Still quiet hour option is no where to be found in quick action. Any idea how to fix this?

I see that this thread is getting kinda old and nobody has responded. I can confirm this bug as it has now happened to me. The only thing I can point to for causing it is Apps Corner. It disappeared from my available options right after I had tried Apps Corner to see what it was all about.

Hopefully someone out there has a fix? Would be greatly appreciated.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I see that this thread is getting kinda old and nobody has responded. I can confirm this bug as it has now happened to me. The only thing I can point to for causing it is Apps Corner. It disappeared from my available options right after I had tried Apps Corner to see what it was all about.

Hopefully someone out there has a fix? Would be greatly appreciated.

It happened to me. I did many things but don't know which one solved this.

>> Tried Soft Reset.

>> Change region back to your country and then to US.

>> Change region back to your country, then soft reset and then back to US.

Edit: There is a workaround for this, if you want to use quite hours that badly.
Just search in Cortana and it will take you to settings. 😊

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I made an interesting discovery. Simply added a few apps to Apps Corner with Action Center enabled, then launched it. I then exited Apps Corner and the option returned.

Apps Corner seems to be quite buggy on my 1520. Another time when I was messing around with it, I restarted the phone and it launched back in Apps Corner mode. When it was done loading suddenly one of my Email inboxes appeared there when it wasn't supposed to. I then exited Apps Corner and saw that the inbox was now missing. A soft reset brought it back. That was also right around the time Quiet Hours disappeared as an option in the action center.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I made an interesting discovery. Simply added a few apps to Apps Corner with Action Center enabled, then launched it. I then exited Apps Corner and the option returned.

Apps Corner seems to be quite buggy on my 1520. Another time when I was messing around with it, I restarted the phone and it launched back in Apps Corner mode. When it was done loading suddenly one of my Email inboxes appeared there when it wasn't supposed to. I then exited Apps Corner and saw that the inbox was now missing. A soft reset brought it back. That was also right around the time Quiet Hours disappeared as an option in the action center.

Yeah!! App corner is quite buggy. Also they should have improved on Kids corner instead of Apps Corner.

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah!! App corner is quite buggy. Also they should have improved on Kids corner instead of Apps Corner.

I know what you mean Kids Corner could use some work too. I like the idea behind how Apps Corner works. Access to certain apps that the person with the phone's password controls. The phone also stays in that mode unless the person using it intentionally exits apps corner. Really has a lot of potential uses.

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
In my case I don't think it had anything to do with app corner (I don't even know what it is). My work around was to change to 3rd region. As I mentioned in the post, I switched between US and Thai quite often. My workaround was to chance the region to UK and download all the necessary UK voice for Cortana. Then the option is back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen