Why aren't text messages notifying in Windows 10 Mobile?

GaryOntario

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Text messages not notifying Windows 10 Mobile

Windows 10.0.10586.107

All of a sudden I'm not receiving text notifications audibly or visually on the Messaging icon.

After trying a few things, and restarts, the only thing that worked was deleting all my previous messages. I was then able to get the audible notifications. The visual ones were only there when I expanded the size of the Messaging icon. So I unpinned it and re-pinned it.
Shows in the top status bar, but long delay before it shows in the icon.

I can assume there is a cache limit on the number of held texts. Not good.

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Text messages not notifying Windows 10 Mobile

I had a similar problem on .107. I wasn't getting any kind of notification, but they were showing up in the contact's history. Mine may have cleared up after running the messaging app and letting skype do its initial setup.

The live tiles haven't been working well at all on 10 yet for me. This maybe a good reason why they don't release it.

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

I had the same issue on my 1020 with the same build, just out of the blue last week I stopped getting audible notification for texts. Last night I decided to change to the slow ring and installed .122. Now I not only don't get audible notifications for text, but there is no sound for alarm ringtones and even choosing music for alarms makes no sound. Notifications sometimes makes an audible sound but most often not.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I had the same issue on my 1020 with the same build, just out of the blue last week I stopped getting audible notification for texts. Last night I decided to change to the slow ring and installed .122. Now I not only don't get audible notifications for text, but there is no sound for alarm ringtones and even choosing music for alarms makes no sound. Notifications sometimes makes an audible sound but most often not.

Try first setting them Default, then back to your favourite ring. That's a very strange behaviour, never had that

GaryOntario

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Updated to version 14279, however, the "About" screen still shows 10586 ... But that's another issue.
We'll see if this resolves the issue, but building up cached text will take some time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit