Why can't I access my local administrator account?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why can't I access my local administrator account

When I "upgraded" to Windows 10, apparently I set up everything on the local administrator account. When I went to set up a separate account yesterday it disabled me from getting onto the administrator account, which is where I have everything set up. When I go to log in, both accounts are on the log-in screen but it won't take the passwords for the administrator account, which I know are correct and it even gives me the right hints but won't accept the pw. It says, "Your password was changed on a different device and you must sign in to this device once with your new password and then you can sign in with your new PIN. Well, I haven't added any devices, just a new local account. I really need to get back into the administrator account since that is where everything is. I've done the prompt, CMD, net user administrator /active:yes and it just denies access obviously because I am logged in as an administrator. Help

RyanCreek

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
After set up a new account, the built-in administrator account will also automatically become hidden on my computer.
If your new account is administrator, you should be able to reset the password by following these steps:
1. Press the Windows key + X, select "Command Prompt (Admin)".
2. To change the password, type "net user Administrator 123456" and press Enter.
3. To activate the account, type "net user Administrator /active:yes" and press Enter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit