Windows 10 Mobile and bluetooth audio

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, how could Microsoft screw something up that worked so well before?

In the old "Music" app on Windows Phone 8.1, I could easily connect to my car's bluetooth audio and play music from my phone.

This still works, but only in its most basic form, i.e. playback.

• in WinP 8.1, the artist, album and track showed up in my car's display - not with Windows 10 Mobile: only "bluetooth audio"
  • in WinP 8.1, I could control playback (skip, go back, etc.) - not with Windows 10 Mobile: car radio controls simply do not work, I can only do it from my phone (obviously a bad idea while driving...)
  • in WinP 8.1, the playback time was even shown (though often incorrect) in the car display - not with Windows 10 Mobile: only "bluetooth audio"

Seriously, how do they ever expect people to switch to Windows 10 Mobile when such basic fundamental things don't work - ESPECIALLY when they used to work before on the old operating system?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
What version of 10 are you using? I ask because this is an area that has been quietly been improving massively in each release and was very poor not long ago.

Are5

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Same problem here.
I updated my Lumia 930 from W8.1 to W10 yesterday.

Modell: NOKIA Lumia 930
Version: 1511
OS-Build: 10.0.10586.164

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
What version of 10 are you using? I ask because this is an area that has been quietly been improving massively in each release and was very poor not long ago.

I'm using the official release of 10 on my Lumia 830. I didn't want to experiment with the insider builds. Does this work on later insider builds? If so, that is encouraging, but I can't help but feel that they really missed something fundamentally important - especially considering it was working before. I'll keep trying the next time there's an update, but I don't really have true faith in it yet...

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
OK, so for anyone else with this problem - the solution is simple: Full (hard) reset.

I wiped the phone clean, did the hard reset, rebuilt my apps slowly but surely over the weekend, and tried bluetooth audio in the car again, and it's all working fine again.

I guess the OTA upgrade from Windows Phone 8.1 to Windows 10 Mobile is a little buggy.

Suggestion: Do the OTA upgrade, then do a hard reset - save yourself a lot of headaches. There are other small glitches that now work fine as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes