Where has my Internet icon gone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Where has Internet icon gone?

The Internet Icon has disappeared from my desktop so I can only access net through Ask Cortana (which I hate). Any ideas on how to restore it please? Windows 10 is proving a nightmare. As a teacher it has messed up how my PC accesses the network and refuses to let my PC connect to my whiteboard which is a challenge!

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Where has Internet icon gone?

Firstly, and I can't stress this enough, you need to do a clean install (and do not restore any cloud settings that were inherited from W8 even if they've been handed down through a W10 install). A pain, I know, but you'll save yourself a lot of grief. There are helpful guides on doing this on this very site, but if you can't do this alone it is worth finding a friend who can help. It is pretty easy to do, and far easier than sorting out problems caused by an upgrade install which will dog your PC otherwise. To get an Edge browser icon (the 'e') on your desktop, use the Start Menu (the Windows logo in the bottom left hand corner of the desktop) to access the full list of installed applications. You can find 'Microsoft Edge' under 'M'. You can drag it to the desktop (or to the Windows logo if you have full start screen on) to make a link. You can also do this with a tile pinned to the start menu/screen. To sort out your network for the whiteboard (I suspect), you need to set your home or work network to be a private network rather than a public one. Try this process: Network Location - Set to Private or Public in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon