Where are all of my word documents?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Some days ago, i started getting pop-ups from Windows saying that the computer WILL update to Windows 10 (Previously I had Windows 7). On my other computer, I have tried the Windows 10 and wasn't a fan of it. Therefore, i postponed the update many times, until the computer suddenly shut itself down. Then the update to Windows 10 started. When it was done, there were no real problems, except that I at first didn't find any of my files. After a quick search, I found them and put them where i previously had them.

Then, after 2-3 days, I was on my computer. Suddenly it didn't work as it should, so i restarted it, and ANOTHER update to Windows 10 occured, and when this was over, i logged on to my computer again. This time, I couldn't find any of my word files etc. Many years of work is gone, and i cannot find it. Has anyone out there a solution to this problem?

Thank you

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Some days ago, i started getting pop-ups from Windows saying that the computer WILL update to Windows 10 (Previously I had Windows 7). On my other computer, I have tried the Windows 10 and wasn't a fan of it. Therefore, i postponed the update many times, until the computer suddenly shut itself down. Then the update to Windows 10 started. When it was done, there were no real problems, except that I at first didn't find any of my files. After a quick search, I found them and put them where i previously had them.

Then, after 2-3 days, I was on my computer. Suddenly it didn't work as it should, so i restarted it, and ANOTHER update to Windows 10 occured, and when this was over, i logged on to my computer again. This time, I couldn't find any of my word files etc. Many years of work is gone, and i cannot find it. Has anyone out there a solution to this problem?

Thank you

if you open word and check for recent files, can you open them?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes