Its been a while since my store app and apps like groove, mail, calendar, calculator have stopped working. Nothing happens when i click on them. I have tried all the fixes possible, powershell, wsreset etc. Can someone please tell me a way to fix it, other than refreshing or resetting my laptop.
    06-11-2016 12:32 AM
    Its been a while since my store app and apps like groove, mail, calendar, calculator have stopped working. Nothing happens when i click on them. I have tried all the fixes possible, powershell, wsreset etc. Can someone please tell me a way to fix it, other than refreshing or resetting my laptop.
    resetting the laptop should be a good solution, especially if you choose the option that lets you keep your files while programs are erased - but just in case, do a backup before resetting
    06-11-2016 03:23 AM
    I wanted to know if i do reset my laptop while all keeping all my files, will it just uninstall the apps that i have installed from the store or will it uninstall the other softwares and applications as well.
    06-11-2016 04:12 AM
    I wanted to know if i do reset my laptop while all keeping all my files, will it just uninstall the apps that i have installed from the store or will it uninstall the other softwares and applications as well.
    it will uninstall all software that you had installed both from store and from programs. This can be firefox/chrome browser or facebook app etc
    06-11-2016 04:29 AM
    Ok, thanks a lot!
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    06-11-2016 05:00 AM
    Ok, thanks a lot!
    a suggestion before you start the reset process. I have already recommended you backup your data before doing it. You should also download the software files for your programs so that you don't waste time when installing them back - for programs such as mozilla firefox, office 2016, idm, antivirus etc
    06-11-2016 05:28 AM
    If i already have the installation files, will it also still be kept after i reset the laptop?
    06-11-2016 05:55 AM
    If i already have the installation files, will it also still be kept after i reset the laptop?
    if you mean .exe files, then yes, they will stay. But program files in drive C will be removed
    06-11-2016 07:12 AM