Why does my phone connect to my PC via bluetooth and then disconnect immediately?

Alan Morford

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Phone: Microsoft Lumia 640 w/Windows 10 Mobile Release Preview (latest)
PC: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro with Windows 10 and latest Bluetooth driver

Devices see each other and connect fine. They both report connected but then immediately say Paired instead of connected. Help?!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Phone: Microsoft Lumia 640 w/Windows 10 Mobile Release Preview (latest)
PC: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro with Windows 10 and latest Bluetooth driver

Devices see each other and connect fine. They both report connected but then immediately say Paired instead of connected. Help?!

paired is okay - it means they have already recognised each other. Have you actually tested sending a file or something between the two devices to see if bluetooth works or not?

Alan Morford

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I didn't try because neither said connected. Wouldn't texts that come in on my Lumia also go to the messaging app on my PC if bluetooth was working?

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
No that doesn't have anything texts going to 2 devices has nothing to do with bluetooth. Basically with messaging apps your receiving the message thru the cloud. I used to use the AT&T messaging app and didn't even have bluetooth turned on on my phone or PC. Your text goes to a central place and is passed to the clients associated to your account on each device. Your client on each device is set up to your account using your phone number.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas