How to solve pc automatically starting up at morning times,Also turning off automatically

Sorapalli Venkatesh

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
I am using windows 10. Here my laptop is automatically turning ON at morning times i.e., between 2AM to 4AM. And also turning OFF when not disturbing my pc. Actually it has to go sleep but it shutdowns..What should I have to do solve this problem....??

Thank you
Venkatesh

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I am using windows 10. Here my laptop is automatically turning ON at morning times i.e., between 2AM to 4AM. And also turning OFF when not disturbing my pc. Actually it has to go sleep but it shutdowns..What should I have to do solve this problem....??

Thank you
Venkatesh

run a virus and malware scan

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Really? You're suggesting a virus or malware is powering ON the PC whilst it is switched off? Good grief...

Your PC can only power up from switch off if your bios settings allow for this. Usually this will be a timer setting in the bios, or a capability to switch on due to another condition such as due to an instruction over the local network (LAN) often referred to as a 'magic packet'. All such facility cam be disabled in the bios settings, and cannot be addressed within Windows as Windows is not running at that point.

The power off/sleep timer settings can usually be controlled within the Windows power settings (control panel). If your PC is powering down outwith the remit of these settings, then go and check your bios settings for a power down timer. If there is no such setting (or it is not enabled) then check to see if something is overheating or if there's a power issue causing your PC to shut down. Keep I'm mind, other software on your PC can trigger a shutdown if set to do so. Take a look and see what you can find.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Really? You're suggesting a virus or malware is powering ON the PC whilst it is switched off? Good grief...

Your PC can only power up from switch off if your bios settings allow for this. Usually this will be a timer setting in the bios, or a capability to switch on due to another condition such as due to an instruction over the local network (LAN) often referred to as a 'magic packet'. All such facility cam be disabled in the bios settings, and cannot be addressed within Windows as Windows is not running at that point.

The power off/sleep timer settings can usually be controlled within the Windows power settings (control panel). If your PC is powering down outwith the remit of these settings, then go and check your bios settings for a power down timer. If there is no such setting (or it is not enabled) then check to see if something is overheating or if there's a power issue causing your PC to shut down. Keep I'm mind, other software on your PC can trigger a shutdown if set to do so. Take a look and see what you can find.

I read a novel where such a scenario was plausible and thought this might be the case. the author of the novels is usually very thorough and accurate :grincry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes