Tired. Frustrated. Worse than awful experience. Lumia 950

DoyoubiNoAme

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Every known app lags.
Only few things work reliably.
Phone takes ages to wake up.
All core apps like FB, Instagram etc lag like there is no tomorrow.
Cant upload video - app crashes.
Takes really long to load.

Only decent camera keeps me from dropping 950 for Iphone 6s or something else on android.

I'd say it could be experience with several apps only, but there are 2 kinds of apps on windows store: those which somehow work and those which want me to snap the phone in half. Last one is the majority.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Every known app lags.

Only decent camera keeps me from dropping 950 for Iphone 6s or something else on android.

I'd say it could be experience with several apps only, but there are 2 kinds of apps on windows store: those which somehow work and those which want me to snap the phone in half. Last one is the majority.

What OS version and firmware version are you on?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Every known app lags.

Cristal clear something gone wrong, or you missed something, considering 950 one of fastest on the market and it haven't any lag.
Most people doesn't undestand a Windows phone is different to a droid or a istuff. It's identical to a Windows notebook: it needs regular updates and connection, especially when out-of -the-box

As Ambassador asked, which windows 10 mobile are you using? Did you check your Store update list?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I did not make hard reset.
Use SD card. You think this might be the problem? It is actually not that new (the card).

I suggest you remove the apps that cause issues, remove the card, then install the apps to internal storage and see if there's a difference. I strongly suspect the card now

DoyoubiNoAme

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I suggest you remove the apps that cause issues, remove the card, then install the apps to internal storage and see if there's a difference. I strongly suspect the card now

I have only some music on it. I use internal storage for everything, except music (because it is also a pain to transfer music from macbook to win10 device)

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I am not having these problems at all. There is probably a problem with your specific devide. Maybe a hard reset, also check if your firmware is the newest. If it isn't, maybe you need to install a different firmware because your mobile carrier is keeping you from updating. (if you do that, you will still be able to use your phone with your carrier, but your firmware updates won't be controlled by them).

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi...50-950xl-firmware-update-you-can-get-now.html

DoyoubiNoAme

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I am not having these problems at all. There is probably a problem with your specific devide. Maybe a hard reset, also check if your firmware is the newest. If it isn't, maybe you need to install a different firmware because your mobile carrier is keeping you from updating. (if you do that, you will still be able to use your phone with your carrier, but your firmware updates won't be controlled by them).

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi...50-950xl-firmware-update-you-can-get-now.html

Well, some general things work okay, but things start to get messy when i try to work with Photos App and Instagram app. They both start to crash when i try to watch video or trim it in Instagram's editor.

And Im not likely to mess around with anything. I might try hard reset, but doing something more complex - meh.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
remove the sd card, keep phone on battery saver mode to see if its a background app causing havoc, if that fails just make a hard reset

Saad Rashid

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
I am sorry you are facing these issues. I can understand because I've been facing exactly similar issues on the similar build and phone

EDIT: And yes, I have never inserted SD card in my phone

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
950 and 950xl here. No issues you report on the same OS. Perhaps time for a hard reset? I would make sure any lock screen apps are on internal storage, and others you find slow. As others have mentioned, SD cards can cause issues.

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Did you happen to come from a different platform like iOS? I am using both an iPhone 6s and a Lumia 930 and I can confirm that even though the Instagram and new Facebook apps are direct ports, they are slow as hell and laggy in scrolling compared to their iOS versions.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe OP.

W10M was very inconsistent back then and even now it hasn't shook it as much as it should compared to WP8 and iOS.

I'd recommend OP try the fast ring of Insider (because he probably can't get worse than it is) and see how it goes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes