Connect App doesn't work anymore

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I was using the Connect App on recent builds to connect my 950 XL to my Surface Book to use Continuum. Now when i try to do it on 14390 nothing happens it just keeps searching and doesnt find my PC when i open the continuum app on my phone. I checked under bluetooth and my PC is there but not being able to be discovered in the connect app.

Anyone else have this problem? Do you know a fix? I tried just about everything i could think of.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I was using the Connect App on recent builds to connect my 950 XL to my Surface Book to use Continuum. Now when i try to do it on 14390 nothing happens it just keeps searching and doesnt find my PC when i open the continuum app on my phone. I checked under bluetooth and my PC is there but not being able to be discovered in the connect app.

Anyone else have this problem? Do you know a fix? I tried just about everything i could think of.

what did you try?
I was thinking of removing the phone from the pc as recognised devices and adding it again
Or repairing the phone via bluetooth

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
what did you try?
I was thinking of removing the phone from the pc as recognised devices and adding it again
Or repairing the phone via bluetooth

Why did i try what?

Anyways...i reset the PC w/ option to delete all files and folders and now it works fine. I think its probably a good idea to reset the PC every time you upgrade a build anyways. At least that was thinking back before Windows 10 launched to ensure that everything ran smoothly. I have upgraded a lot of builds w/ straight upgrade path 14376>14379>14383>14385>14388>14390, without doing a reset/clean install. I think overtime that creates issues and problems that can be solved with a reset or clean install.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Why did i try what?

Anyways...i reset the PC w/ option to delete all files and folders and now it works fine. I think its probably a good idea to reset the PC every time you upgrade a build anyways. At least that was thinking back before Windows 10 launched to ensure that everything ran smoothly. I have upgraded a lot of builds w/ straight upgrade path 14376>14379>14383>14385>14388>14390, without doing a reset/clean install. I think overtime that creates issues and problems that can be solved with a reset or clean install.

that was one way of doing things :cool:.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
that was one way of doing things :cool:.

When all else fails, reinstall Windows.

I am one of those guys, one of those guys like Zac Bowden who does a clean install pretty much every week. It's like taking out the trash or washing the car, it's a habitual thing. Sometimes it's more than a week like if builds come out sometimes its month if i am busy at work or something. I dont get those people who know how to reinstall install windows but would rather put up with a slow bogged down PC and run a million antimalware or antispyware or antivirus programs than to just sit down and take the time to do a clean install.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
When all else fails, reinstall Windows.

I am one of those guys, one of those guys like Zac Bowden who does a clean install pretty much every week. It's like taking out the trash or washing the car, it's a habitual thing. Sometimes it's more than a week like if builds come out sometimes its month if i am busy at work or something. I dont get those people who know how to reinstall install windows but would rather put up with a slow bogged down PC and run a million antimalware or antispyware or antivirus programs than to just sit down and take the time to do a clean install.

but reinstalling applications, copying back data, that takes a lot of time. And you have to make sure to have the licenses for the applications with you all the time. I tried the reset once, took half the day to get things back to the way it was

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Everything is in the cloud now. I keep everything in onedrive so i dont back up anything i just do a clean install and then windows downloads everthing again automatically in onedrive.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Everything is in the cloud now. I keep everything in onedrive so i dont back up anything i just do a clean install and then windows downloads everthing again automatically in onedrive.

I assume you have office 365? But surely that downloading takes time too? Is it faster than copying from a 3.0 USB External hard disk?

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
i have a 185Mb/s internet connection, pretty much nothing takes time. O365 downloads in a couple minutes, my entire hard drive of 155GB takes about an hour or two to download.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I said Mb/s, lowers case b is always bits, upper case B is always bytes. So bits. If i was downloading at 185 MB/s then that would be a fiber 1Gb/s line (roughly). Because 8 bits = 1 Byte

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I said Mb/s, lowers case b is always bits, upper case B is always bytes. So bits. If i was downloading at 185 MB/s then that would be a fiber 1Gb/s line (roughly). Because 8 bits = 1 Byte

I know, that's why I asked. So your speed is actually 23.125MBps. It's still fast - the fastest I've seen locally was 16MBps or 128Mbps for downloading and 8MBps uploading - both at my university.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I know, that's why I asked. So your speed is actually 23.125MBps. It's still fast - the fastest I've seen locally was 16MBps or 128Mbps for downloading and 8MBps uploading - both at my university.

Yes and i usually download builds at full speed which literally takes about 2 minutes to download a full W10 build at 23 MB/s

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos