10-05-2016 08:43 PM
63 123
tools
    They seemed to have fixed the store. Doesn't show the updates anymore
    And it's back...
    08-10-2016 10:50 PM
    At home, ok, broke a few minor apps that worked fine before but, I found a work-around for 2 of the 3 of them... otherwise seems ok.

At work is a different story

I've been testing Windows 10 at the company I am at, all was good till the Anniversary update came down (That will be a critical update at some point). It broke a VERY critical application, We are at the newest version of it. No update at this point for the application. The new systems that are coming in (48 of them) will be dropping from Windows 10 to Windows 7 because of this.

Time is money, If this cant be addressed within about 2 weeks, all 48 of these machines will be deployed with Windows 7 (no way on Windows 8). We need the machines in production, not sitting on a shelf waiting for Microsoft to fix a bug.

So, so far, not impressed...
    Are you using pro or enterprise at work? If so there are options to forestall the anniversary update as little as 4 months and even longer. You will still get security and bug fixes for a while and there is time for MS and app developers to work out the problems. Just pointing that it is an option.
    08-10-2016 10:58 PM
    It is as smooth as the previous Windows 10 versions.
    08-14-2016 07:23 AM
    I'd love to review it if I could get the damned thing.
    08-14-2016 07:31 AM
    I just went in to settings-windows update=check for updates. I selected the anniversary update and update now. I had to received updates to make my PC current before the windows anniversary update loaded. My updates took approximately 3 hours. I like the results a lot. Glad I did it.
    08-14-2016 04:32 PM
    My wife's laptop got updated. Her entire desktop was wiped out. Most apps are gone! WTF!

Update: got caught, again. Some updates have a habit of not, completely, finishing. When I stopped panicking, a remembered that, sometimes, the update does not do the final reboot. I rebooted and everything seems to be back.

Further update: The Start screen was a complete mess! Stuff all over the place, but worst of all, things missing. Things like Mail, Calendar, etc! When I right clicked on these apps, in the Apps list, the option to unpin from Start was there. So, it thought they were on the Start screen! So, I unpinned them and pinned them again and they reappeared. So much for 'everything is where you left it'. My wife, like many, is not very technical. Things like this have left her with a really bad impression of the update.
    Last edited by gwinegarden; 08-21-2016 at 06:55 AM.
    08-14-2016 09:07 PM
    The update didn't rock my world nor did it do any harm.

All I know is that EDGE is still problematic so I've continued not using it.
    08-14-2016 09:49 PM
    Lol I really don't know. Microsoft is just experimenting with Windows 10 mobile and pic versions. Give it a year.
    08-14-2016 09:57 PM

What are the problems, exactly?
    08-15-2016 02:08 AM
    What are the problems, exactly?
    For me personally, Edge is a little wonky (forgive the term) at times. In addition, it just lacks quite a bit in terms of security settings and/or extensions. Firefox and chrome have a multitude of extensions/add-ons for better security and numerous other things. IE has a great deal of security settings built right in (not to mention group policy settings for this on pro or above) and at least a much better selection of add-ons even if not at the level of other third party browsers.
    08-15-2016 11:48 PM

The update did not bring in anything that I would call a game changer except for future possibilities (maybe???) with Edge. But it is the little tweaks made throughout that I enjoy.
    08-15-2016 11:52 PM
    I'm loving the Anniversary Update. It makes my SP4 feel like a brand new update. Having Cortana on the Lock screen is great. What I really appreciate though is that I can now receive notifications and texts from my Galaxy Note 5 on my SP4. This full integration is amazing, especially seeing that I left WP 7 months ago and have been missing this feature.

This update also shows me the potential that W10 could have for mobile as well. I haven't watched the Anniversary Update video for mobile yet, but I hope some improvements were made. For me though, the app gap is just to big to overcome, though I do love the UI of W10 and W10 Mobile.
    08-16-2016 02:50 PM
    Can anniversary update support call recording feature for lumia 640?
    08-16-2016 03:17 PM
    Anniversary update is great on my laptop. Runs smoothly and apps launch a bit faster now. Minor glitches like on the Settings app, whenever I try to open the Systems menu, the app crashes. However, the AU broke my 950 XL. I don't know if it was cumulative update on the Insider Fast Ring (the .5 update) that broke it or the firmware update (enabling the phone to have the much-needed double-tap-to-wake feature). All I know is that the battery started swelling and frequent shutdowns/restarts happened.
    08-17-2016 10:48 AM
    Anniversary update is great on my laptop. Runs smoothly and apps launch a bit faster now. Minor glitches like on the Settings app, whenever I try to open the Systems menu, the app crashes. However, the AU broke my 950 XL. I don't know if it was cumulative update on the Insider Fast Ring (the .5 update) that broke it or the firmware update (enabling the phone to have the much-needed double-tap-to-wake feature). All I know is that the battery started swelling and frequent shutdowns/restarts happened.
    If your battery is swelling, quit using it and replace it immediately. Your hardware issues are battery related. The battery is dangerous to use at this point. Any lithium battery that is swelling is bad and continued use could truly damage your phone.
    08-18-2016 10:24 PM
    Thanks for that! I already brought my phone to the Microsoft reseller earlier this week
    08-19-2016 04:43 AM
    I am windows phone user and enthusiast from windows 7 days and I watch videos for tricks and tips,follow windows central.Today I accidentally clicked on a video which is a concept video for windows 10 mobile.And holy mother of cow,this guy has amazing concepts for win 10 mobile.I want all of you to check this and if you like it reach Microsoft and ask for this features .Bdw,I am no way related with the guy,neither I am a paid pro working to get the video more hits.
    08-20-2016 12:56 PM
    The upgrade was one of the longest upgrades I have ever experienced. After all was said and done there are some great improvements in Cortana that make things easier. Just simply speaking Hey Cortana and you get an answer is simple and elegant. I love the ease of it.
    08-22-2016 11:51 AM
    I am windows phone user and enthusiast from windows 7 days and I watch videos for tricks and tips,follow windows central.Today I accidentally clicked on a video which is a concept video for windows 10 mobile.And holy mother of cow,this guy has amazing concepts for win 10 mobile.I want all of you to check this and if you like it reach Microsoft and ask for this features .Bdw,I am no way related with the guy,neither I am a paid pro working to get the video more hits.
    Holy crap. I want pretty much all of it. These kind of features would bring functionality of W10M on par with flagship Androids and maybe draw more interest to the platform.
    08-22-2016 03:50 PM
    Minor breaks have our group hesitating. Not ready to roll it out yet as some apps are critical.

WiFi issues will be reported as will issues with the new Start Button. Not a fan of those changes. Need options back to change.
    08-23-2016 02:37 PM
    on my acer Aspire E15 the installation was long but i've kind of expecting that, windows feels little bit smoother after the update and over all i'm very happy with this version of windows the only thing i wish they will return the swiping left on the mouse pad for Back in browser.
    08-26-2016 05:11 AM
    For me it was a nerve-wracking experience even three weeks after the release, with all the problems I'd read about here. Thankfully though, both laptops went smoothly (if long!) and I've had no problems. The wife's laptop is next, but i"m willing to wait on that, since screwing THAT up would be a major problem. ;)

Acer R13, and an older Acer 5742.

Mark
    Last edited by impromark; 08-27-2016 at 05:52 AM.
    08-27-2016 05:11 AM
    After AU, desktop PC forgets it has ethernet. No network, no adapter. Restarting the PC brings connections back.
    Maybe it's angry at me for disabling automatic restarts because every time there has been some update waiting for it...

For Acer Aspire V something laptop - it does not see AU at all. Went to insider rs1 release preview ring - nothing. Only virus updates and other small things but no AU whatever. With 8.1 the laptop worked very well, after W10 update WLAN drops to 0 bars when router is more than 3 meters away...

It looks like they brought W10M stability to core OS ;)
    09-02-2016 09:16 AM
    AU is very fast and reliable with lot of new features. I love this update.
    09-14-2016 10:24 AM
    For those who lost their windows 10 digital entitlement product keys:

There isn't a need for product key as it is a digital entitlement, the product key saves in your motherboard, no need to worry.. So the next step is to reinstall Windows 10 by media creation tool. You should create a USB and boot it, In the middle of the windows 10 installation, right in the product key step, press the skip product key button and after installing and connecting your Microsoft account (or not) and check your system information. It should say that it is activated. In the Anniversary Update, the product key will be licensed and saved in your Microsoft account in case of any hardware failure and you should reinstall it, no problem, just connect your Microsoft account, it will be activated.

Hope it helps!!..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    09-16-2016 03:28 AM
63 123