can anybody send SMS from a PC?

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I have SP4 with anniversary and 950XL with 10.0.14393.5. When I get a SMS to my phone, I can see it in notification centre on the PC. But, when I want to reply, the messaging app does not work (it does open, but messages cannot be sent, option is greyed out) and skype + messaging app cannot be installed (it encouters an error).

Does sending SMS from PC work for anyone?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have SP4 with anniversary and 950XL with 10.0.14393.5. When I get a SMS to my phone, I can see it in notification centre on the PC. But, when I want to reply, the messaging app does not work (it does open, but messages cannot be sent, option is greyed out) and skype + messaging app cannot be installed (it encouters an error).

It was removed one month ago, they put it again in Skype UWP for pc

HydroOxygen

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Okay.. Something is ****ed up for me.. (sorry about the language). When I go to the Settings ->System -> Notifications & Actions, at the top it shows "Some things are managed by your organization"... I don't have an organization.. This is my private PC..

(I can see all programs which give out notifications here, but they all are turned on and greyed out and can't be turned off. Also there is an app called Windows Phone (which I think should give my phone's notifications to my PC). Unfortunately it is the only app that's turned off)

UPDATE: I found out that in About it's written Organization WORKGROUP... Interesting, because I haven't enabled anything related to this
UPDATE 2: Got it sorted out (fiexed for a few hours -__-). Also made a thread about my experience with Anniversary Update

Last edited:

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

I noticed my Surface Pro told me I had a missed call. I just went to the action center, selected V and Cortana opened up. I sent a test text through the Surface. Cortana just popped up on my phone and told me she sent the text. Just waiting for my buddy to confirm he got the text.

I just looked at my phone. The text I sent thru my Surface shows as the last text I sent him, as though I had typed it on the phone.

Surface Pro
Nokia Icon on Release Preview

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I noticed my Surface Pro told me I had a missed call. I just went to the action center, selected V and Cortana opened up. I sent a test text through the Surface. Cortana just popped up on my phone and told me she sent the text. Just waiting for my buddy to confirm he got the text.

I just looked at my phone. The text I sent thru my Surface shows as the last text I sent him, as though I had typed it on the phone.

Surface Pro
Nokia Icon on Release Preview

Yes, this works. It is possible to send a to anyone with cortana, I forgot about that:)

But what I'm waiting for, is to have a nice app with all the messages synced to the phone, so I could be reading & writing them on the PC.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this works. It is possible to send a to anyone with cortana, I forgot about that:)

But what I'm waiting for, is to have a nice app with all the messages synced to the phone, so I could be reading & writing them on the PC.

ah, ok

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb