Carrier locked without Aniversarry update?!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I can't say for sure, but someone mentioned that branded phones would be receiving the AU about 1 week after it is released on unbranded phones... And since MS seems to have control of releasing OS updates (less firmware and/or mods to the cellular stack) we should probably see it next week.

I'm crossing my fingers it comes in next week along with the firmware update for the ATT branded 950.

aniskhan001

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 930 is locked to Optus - Australia, and my current network is Airtel - Bangladesh. I haven't got the Anniversary Update yet!
Anyone knows, how can I unlock this carrier lock? Thanks!

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 930 is locked to Optus - Australia, and my current network is Airtel - Bangladesh. I haven't got the Anniversary Update yet!
Anyone knows, how can I unlock this carrier lock? Thanks!

Optus would have to unlock your device (provide an unlock code) - search them online, apply for unlock, BUT ...
short of flashing a ROM, you'll still have to wait ...
or join the Windows Insider program, take pre-release software, that'll get it NOW.

aniskhan001

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply @MDK22 I searched and ordered a carrier unlock code online. They replied after one day that code for my device is not found. What can I do now?
I know I can join the Insider Program. But I want to stay on the release build, because I was not able to change the resolution of my camera and there was no slow-mo video capture option on Insider Fast build which I switched earlier a few days ago.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply @MDK22 I searched and ordered a carrier unlock code online. They replied after one day that code for my device is not found. What can I do now?
I know I can join the Insider Program. But I want to stay on the release build, because I was not able to change the resolution of my camera and there was no slow-mo video capture option on Insider Fast build which I switched earlier a few days ago.

You must no use Fast ring, simply the Release preview, the same as official. Easy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon