Hi all,

I have been having this strange problem..

To describe the tearing: when hovering the mouse-pointer over a menu, the area behind the text changes color/highlight.
    On my system, this background color tears vertically. This occurs in context menus, bookmarks menus, discussion boards on Steam, etc.
    Also when resizing windows there is a noticeable lag.

I have upgraded my pc and OS, with new hardware parts and the problem is still there, part's i upgraded are CPU + Motherboard + memory.
    Remaining (old) parts are the monitor + cable, power supply and 250gb Samsung 840 evo ssd!

So it could still be one of the remaining hardware parts. But i have found a couple more people online that suffer from the same problem with different versions of windows and hardware. (will post a couple links where i and other posted over the last year)

Strange vertical tearing in context menu's while using Aero theme. - Windows 7 Help Forums

Vertical screen tearing in context menu's - Microsoft Community

And this is a screenshot of what it looks like..

vertical-tearingjpg.jpg

After a long periode of testing and replacing hardware this problem is still present. I will be replacing the PSU + SSD next month. (fingers crossed)
    I post this here, hoping someone else has had and fixed this problem or can hint to what this could be.

Thanks for reading this, any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Have a nice day..
    08-17-2016 02:45 PM
    A PSU and HDD will not cause this. It would only be graphics or software. I think you've replaced the graphics card, so have you reinstalled Windows? I would back up your data and use the 'Reset' function in Windows to see if you can fix it that way.
    08-18-2016 07:40 AM
    Thx 4 the reply!

Yes i reinstalled both windows 7 & 10 just to be sure. Problem present on both.
    I replaced my GTX 770 with a GTX 970 couple months ago. Didn't fix it.
    Also bought a new mouse -> Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum.
    If this is software, i would like to know what, because even without drivers, or any software it's there..
    This is the only pc-problem i ever had i could not diagnose/fix.

I'm replacing my hardware anyway. SO even if the SSD or PSU doesn't fix it. I need (want) it anyway
    I've had tearing before, in games and such, but never in Windows UI and every app i use. Like Steam, Skype, Gimp/photoshop, in taskmanager, in the right click menu's of EVERYTHING. It get's worse when a video is playing, like YouTube, i noticed this problem first in Google Chrome. But i tried the other browsers it's been driving me nutz for quite a while now lol
    08-19-2016 04:24 AM
    Bump...

Anyone?
    08-28-2016 01:21 PM