How to set up a email rule in "Mail"

ROSES5682

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

My daughter's gmail account is set up on her surface pro using the mail app. I set her gmail account up on our computer to automatically cc me on all outgoing e-mails so i can monitor her communication. I have tried to replicate this on the mail app but can't find a setting for this. Can someone aid me? Is this even a possibility?:unhappysweat:

sebastian_doll

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
It doesn't matter if you don't have it setup on the Surface Pro. Since all data is stored on electronic servers, it will still be sent (forwarded) to you, as the actual mail is delivered through servers online, not directly on the Surface Pro. However, if you want to set rules on mobile devices, you can just go to the browser and load the website in it.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Yea, this is the new best method. Unless you need really complex scripting (then you need Outlook from MS Office) it is better to do it on the server (so log in to your Gmail account via the web browser to set this up). This means that whenever the account is used to send email, whether that be from the phone, the PC, the tablet, the HTPC, the watch, a school computer, a friends computer or anywhere, you will still trigger the rule and a copy will be sent to you.

That is, of course, unless the rule is adjusted by the user. I don't know if Gmail allows you to block her access to that feature? Assuming not, unless you ban your daughter from using it via the web site and keep the password to yourself, allowing her to use it on email programs you have set up for her, she is in reality still on the honour system not to dodge your rule. If you do withhold the password to the account I suggest this is a fast track to her setting up a new webmail account and using that directly, away from your restrictions. Just saying, if you trust her with this there is no need to be copied in to her emails. If you don't, this approach of setting up a rule is not very sturdy and is likely to trigger a workaround fairly quickly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon