Edge stopped to sync bookmarks

iJohnnyCash

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello folk!

In my daily life I used two PC and one Microsoft Phone. All of them with same Microsoft Account. Here some days, Edge from my second PC stopped sync my bookmarks, maybe and other stuff (pass, form) but for sure bookmarks. I double check that my primary PC and my Phone is working fine!

What you suggest?
I'm really scare to try to reset my edge (like this) because I'm scare to mess my PC more.

Thank you in advance!

iJohnnyCash

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I don't to become a insider, but this issue I have at least from two builds now.
Do you believe also that the resetting the edge is not a so good idea?

iJohnnyCash

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, since the anniversary update I can't import the favorites from another browser, very annoying
I think that the import tool is something different with the sync feature. I mean the feature that allow to automatic update the bookmark library between your devices.

Btw I resetting my edge like this it was successful but now I don't know how to start again the sync and my bookmark library and the reading list is complete empty.

iJohnnyCash

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
The problem was about my primary PC,*the one*I thought is working correct. When I close and reopen the sync function there, it has remove all me bookmark and reading list ...at least the sync function now works correct.

Unfortunate, I haven't any backup and I try to restore a system point without any success. But okey, I have the sync feature :p

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Windows 10, since the developer release (release, prerelease, slow, and fast insider - currently slow insider).
I also have a Windows phone (Redstone 2).
My phone has all my favorites and my computer HAD all my favorites.
I had to reformat, my computer, and now those favorites are gone.
I don't recall having problems with sync, in the past (well, since it actually worked).
I don't want to import favorites, since I don't have those favorites anywhere else.
I'll give the Edge reset thing a whirl, though.
JJ

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, the reset didn't change anything.
I went snooping around my Edge settings and I noticed something strange...

It says Account - jj@anti-exe.com link (my Microsoft account)
Sync your favorites is greyed out
Some Windows features are only available if you are using a Microsoft account or work account (which I am)
Device sync settings link

When I click the jj@anti-exe.com link, it opens the Email & app account page.
Listed is my Microsoft account, Outlook e-mail account, and various other e-mail accounts.

When I click the Device sync settings link, it opens the Sync your settings page.

I wonder if the issue might be that my Microsoft account, Outlook account, and one of my other e-mail accounts are all the same address (jj@anti-exe.com).
I wasn't an issue, in the past, that I'm aware of.
I've been using it, like this, the whole time.

Any ideas?
JJ

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I cant sync bookmarks and reading list between devices, most frustrating and first real issue I have had with windows 10 and lumia950. ?? Tried everything.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Mine bookmarks don't sync ether.
BUMP, anyone have inside knowledge if there is an issue or a disablement of some of this function, ?? .448 and still same issues with EDGE sync, for example>> Cortana SMS was "quietly" disabled by MS, then we find out from leaked source 2 weeks later, is same issue here with EDGE??

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Having same issues. Edge will not sync favs to other windows 10 devices both mobile and desktop. Anyone figure out what the issues is? All systems have latest production release non insider.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I am having this issue as well. Slightly different though in that I am running Windows 10 on a Lumia 1520, a HP laptop, and a Surface 3. I do a lot of surfing on my phone and add most of my favorites to my phone 1st and it used to sync with my other devices. A few months ago it stopped syncing. All of them stopped syncing with eachother. I now have 3 different devices with 3 different sets of favorites and I cannot get them to sync. So I deleted my favorites from the laptop and hoped it would re-sync. Nope, that didn't work, it will not sync. Next I clicked on sync with my Surface and instead of syncing the favorites I still had on my Surface to my laptop, it synced with my laptop and I have lost all the favorites I had up until 3 months ago. So the only favorites I have are the ones on my phone. They are the ones I do not want to lose.

I am using the same account on all devices, Sync is enabled on all devices. So my question is how do I get them to sync? More importantly, how do I make sure that favorites don't sync the wrong way and delete all my favorites from my phone instead of syncing from my phone to all my other devices like I need it to? After all, it just did that with my Surface. There needs to be a way to select where you want things to sync from and where you want them to sync to. But right now, this issue has got to be figured out. The only thing I can think of is a complete reinstall of Windows on my laptop and Surface but even after that, there is no guarantee they will sync or continue to sync after the install. Edge is horrible as it is, this just makes me completely regret ever using it and ever upgrading to 10 on my phone.

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 950, 2 Windows 10 desktop and a Surface Pro 3, and all of them don't sync since Oct. Anyone else have the same problem? I have reinstall one of my desktop 5 times and still no luck. The weird things is, even my OS settings is not syncing, eg, Theme, profile photo, etc. It may be a OS or MSA issue too.

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Anybody figure this out? I have opened a ticket with MS. After a week of going back and forth and being transfer to level 2 support I am told Edge does not support syncing favorites??? What the! Did MS kill this feature? I think the tech is blowing me off.

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Still no go, so frustrating. The problem is on mobile, I am left rebuilding my favorites. No Chrome browser to import favorites from.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon