Windows 10 :Why do I always have to restart to get my powered USB hub to work?

Derrick333

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Problem has occurred since the October upgrade of Windows 10.
I have a Trust powered external USB hub driving my keyboard, external hard drive, webcam and printer.
My wireless mouse sensor is plugged into a front USB socket on the PC. That works.
When I start up I get the sign-in screen, but the keyboard does not work, so I have to restart, whereupon the keyboard and everything else on the Trust hub works.
I have tried out a suggestion of disabling USB power-saving, but it did not have any effect so I have restored USB power-saving.
Your suggestions would be appreciated.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi ! The only thing that comes to my mind at this time is up dating the USB drivers. You can do that in devise manager. Here's how! I have done that before and it helped.
To remove and reinstall USB drivers, follow the procedure below.

Click on Start, and then Control Panel
Double click the System icon
Click on Device Manager
Click the + next to Universal Serial Bus Controller
Double click on the item(s) listed then choose uninstall. When prompted with Are sure you want to remove click Yes
After all items are removed, close all open windows and restart the system

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

the whole taco

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Like you I have had issues since the upgrades.
Shame, cause the change to 10 from 8.1 fixed a few external drive connectivity issues.
Frankly, I don't care anymore. Bugs come, bugs go, same bugs return. I am so over trying to find fixes. It is just the way MS is. I just schedule in the downtimes and annoyances. There is life besides W10.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99