How many are there?

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
It is widely reported that W10M and WP8 account for btw .5% an 1% of smartphone customers (yes tiny fractions).

But what number does that represent? Is it 2 million as an example?

Gworkshop

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
Good question.
I'm thinking (and searching) about this for weeks with no succes.
There is a website from MS where you can find trends but it's only within windows ecosystem (and MS gives percentages datas) that means you can't even estimate for example considering the population.

whereismydamnphone

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
JqYTmjn.gif

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, if we figure there are ?7 billion people on Earth. 1/3 probably have a phone. 3/4 of them most likely have a smart phone. If my numbers are correct, then assuming a mien of 0.75% market share, there are 13,125,000 Windows Phones in circulation currently. However, while my math is awesome, I pulled those initial numbers straight outta my a$$.. So, do with that what you will. 8)

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Certainly I don't know if the number is correct, but if I had 13,000,000 phone customers, or half that number, I would want to keep them happy and I would want them buying my product and continuing to use its ecosystem when they replace their phone.

But, that's just me.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I think you are in the ballpark w 13 million. I recognize that it an extremely small %, but it's still a big #. If could make an app, sell it for $1 and get just 10% to buy...happy.

I know it's not how developers actually view the market though.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Developer should see how stable the their apps are, like I'm still using some app that I had running on my lumia 920.. not supported anymore but it still works with upgrade to windows 10 and some are even still installable and working.

Thought that would be attractive compare to the other two OS?

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Developer should see how stable the their apps are, like I'm still using some app that I had running on my lumia 920.. not supported anymore but it still works with upgrade to windows 10 and some are even still installable and working.

Thought that would be attractive compare to the other two OS?

True. I guess they are understandably attracted to the 99% market share...stinks for us

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon