Every Update adds a user

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
How come everytime I have a Windows update, it adds a duplicate user for me at the Hello screen? When I look at the user folders in explorer, it shows public, my account, and a "default". If I delete default, it gets rid of this duplicate user at the Hello screen. What is this about and how do I stop this?

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Under Windows Update settings, on the Advanced options page, there's an option: 'Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update'.
Is this enabled? That's what's causing the duplicate user on Login screen.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by Techno-Freak
Under Windows Update settings, on the Advanced options page, there's an option: 'Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update'.

Wow. That's impressive that you knew that. I'm not at home currently, but when I get there I will check and let you know. In the mean time thanks for the help.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by Techno-Freak

What is the purpose of this setting before I change it when I get home? Am i affecting something else i will need to worry about?

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if you already tried it.
The purpose is only to finish installing the updates using your credentials, so that if for example you put your computer on update at night, go off to sleep, then you have the computer ready to use next time. The computer doesn't wait for user to login manually and finish installing updates as it is required in some cases.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon