At&t no service when TMobile sim is set to use cellular data

blackwarrant

Jan 14, 2017
Visit site
I have AT&T as sim1 and T-Mobile as sim2 on my Lumia 950 dual sim and had set my cellular data connection to use data from T-Mobile. Since Jan 6th my at&t sim wasn't connecting to the network ("no service"). I tired changing my cellular data to use at&t. That's when it started connecting to the at&t cellular network. But if I go back and change my cellular data to use tmo, my tmo network works but att sim says 'no service'!! Tried restarting my device multiple times. No use. Tried putting both my sims on an android dual sim phone, same behavior on that device too! That tells me that the issue is not with my Lumia. Any ideas on why my att sim says "no service" if I set my cellular data to use tmo?.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
By default, depending on the phone and OS, the secondary non-data SIM is locked to nothing higher than 2G. Which is no longer there in AT&T's case.

Brendan Shurilla

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue, January 6th AT&T shut off their 2g radios, thus ending support for the dual sim feature in the 950.. I even went to a windows store and swapped out phones, just to be sure. The only way to keep both working, is to keep cellular data on the AT&T sim.

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I have been experiencing the same thing. Besides T-Mobile what other carrier has 2g coverage? How long will 2g be around? 2g sux, why limit the coverage to 2g? I hope that future dual sims will at least have 4g for both sims.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: At&t no service when TMobile sim is set to use cellular data

AT&T officially announced shutting down their 2G at the first of the year, but folks may have started noticing this before then or might notice more and more. They will re-purpose that equipment for 5G services. I've never had a need for the second sim slot on any of my devices, the the 950/xl can't use sim2 for 3G service...?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, same problem with the Elite x3. I thought there were models where dual 3G was possible. Maybe the Idol?

Edit: correction, apparently HP enabled dual 3G on the x3, see here.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon