Why is the user experience between iPhone and WP10 so different regarding Google Websites?

Mimo81

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
Why is the user experience between iPhone and WM10 so different regarding Google Websites? The graphics and the UI and how the user interacts with the website is so rich in an iPhone and so poor and basic in a WM10 mobile. Is it about the browser that doesn't recognise all the features of the website? Is it about the OS that doesn't recognise all the features of the website? Or is it about Google that locks features in WM10 mobiles?

I am talking about the Websites of Google (search, maps etc) and not about the lack of applications.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Google just hates everything Microsoft man and Microsoft loves Google more itself. Been like this for ages and still gon be like that.

madcursor

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
I haven't used iPhone, but the experience in edge and on any Android browser (including Chrome) is not that different. Perhaps with old IE there were such issues but edge works fine these days.
And no doubt Google hates Microsoft, but even they are not as vindictive as to cripple their services just to screw with people using windows phone.

HM84

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Comparing mobile browsers is fine. But on iPhone and Android, Google apps have a lot of functionality that we are missing because we are just using the browser. Things like searching while playing on Youtube, proper zooming on Maps, Google Hangouts, etc.

As far as vindictiveness is concerned, I won't speak on behalf of a corporation's conscience, but I recall years ago when Google refused to develop a Youtube app for WP8. When MS decided to do one themselves, Google vetoed it bigtime. (Anyone who remembers that app would tell you it was pretty amazing.) Google insisted that it should be developed purely using a method that even they didn't use on their native app. Around that time, the few Google apps that were on the WP store were gone.

To put things in perspective, lawsuits between Google (and its OEMs) and Apple were still ongoing round the world. Today there seems to be peace between the two "elephants" while ants like me are punished because we chose a phone that wasn't theirs in any way. Whether this action was vindictive or vindicated, in the end the "little guy" was the big loser.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Maybe you can post screenshots?

I use UC browser and not edge while I've never used an iphone

Why is the user experience between iPhone and WM10 so different regarding Google Websites? The graphics and the UI and how the user interacts with the website is so rich in an iPhone and so poor and basic in a WM10 mobile. Is it about the browser that doesn't recognise all the features of the website? Is it about the OS that doesn't recognise all the features of the website? Or is it about Google that locks features in WM10 mobiles?

I am talking about the Websites of Google (search, maps etc) and not about the lack of applications.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
In order to get web pages to display correctly, Edge browser spoofs its user agent string to disguise itself as Chrome or Safari. The results aren't good, pages don't display correctly, and some sites will tell you to download their app from the Google Play store, because they think you are an Android user.

beto molina

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
I tried using news.google.com today on Edge browser and the experience was horrible. Stuttering and skipping, scrolling was inconsistent and articles loaded dead slow. Switched to flipboard news and all was well.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I tried using news.google.com today on Edge browser and the experience was horrible. Stuttering and skipping, scrolling was inconsistent and articles loaded dead slow. Switched to flipboard news and all was well.

Just tried it on mu Idol4s and it worked fine.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes