Windows 10 Creators Update Common Problems and Fixes

ryanisawesome555

Jun 13, 2017
Visit site
What about the slowness? Is that fixed? I hope so... My PC is a Dell Optiplex GX620 by the way.
I was facing real lagginess and slowness... Hell, even opening Microsoft Edge took almost a minute meanwhile on my sister's laptop it opens for like 2 secs.

anykey3

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site
I have tried 3 times to install the Creator update. Each time it goes all the way through to near the end and then says it cannot complete the install and will rollback to the previous version. When looking for a fix, I went back to Windows update and looked at the failed install. It was said that there would be an error code. There is not. It makes it really hard for me to figure out whathow to go about fixing this problem. I am running a ASUS ROG laptop. 12 gB mem, 1 TB hard disk. Nvidia video. i7 Intel chip. If anyone can give me an idea of what to be looking for to fix this error I would appreciate the help. I am not a newbie at this as I have been working with Windows since Windows 3.0. I have an MCO and have been working in the industry for 30 years. I do not claim to know everything. I only know I want a fix for this problem. Thanks in advance for any you can provide.

Soundtweaker

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have tried 3 times to install the Creator update. Each time it goes all the way through to near the end and then says it cannot complete the install and will rollback to the previous version. When looking for a fix, I went back to Windows update and looked at the failed install. It was said that there would be an error code. There is not. It makes it really hard for me to figure out whathow to go about fixing this problem. I am running a ASUS ROG laptop. 12 gB mem, 1 TB hard disk. Nvidia video. i7 Intel chip. If anyone can give me an idea of what to be looking for to fix this error I would appreciate the help. I am not a newbie at this as I have been working with Windows since Windows 3.0. I have an MCO and have been working in the industry for 30 years. I do not claim to know everything. I only know I want a fix for this problem. Thanks in advance for any you can provide.

Same thing is happening to me. Keeps rolling back after the last 2 updates. There is an error code that flashes pretty quick but it doesn't show up long enough to write it down. I heard their maybe a bug with wifi driver which maybe causing it to rollback after every attempt at installing a new build.

okiwa002

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
You are not the only one. This added really nithing to enhance creativity... and my wife is an artist and I am a musician. Just Paint 3D, Microsoft?

BlunderDog

Aug 13, 2017
Visit site
It would be easier at this point to ask what problems I'm NOT having....

BSOD's(Blue Screen Of Death), extremely slow to alt tab between apps especially if full screen, and if full screen and left in the background for long, as little as 5 minutes sometimes, when I al-tab back i get a black screen that i cannot alt-tab, alt-ctrl-del, alt-ctrl-esc out of, I have to reset my PC. Error messages: File System Error (-1073741511). cannot is some situations access Task manager, Control Panel or even Powershell be it with or without admin privilege. Slow performance. Failure of CHKDSK to complete (at PC restart with nothing else running) It Stopped at 12% 1+ hr stiiting in a quiet room with HDD light on but not flickering, No disk sounds whatsoever(I can easily hear it under normal operation)

It has turned my PC into a web browser only. I can (most of the time navigate using a browser) and watch netflix and not much else, with any reliability.

MegeByte1

Feb 16, 2017
Visit site
I'm having an issue with automatic turning on airplane mode. which can turn off computer’s Wi-Fi and other wireless networks.

Moondoggy

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
After installing the Fall Creators Update a message popped up that said that I had no default email client where before Outlook 2010 was my default email client. Checked and Outlook 2010 was not available to set as my default and a further check of Outlook 2010 showed that it was corrupted and it was not corrupted prior to the update. Went to control panel and opened from Programs and Features/Uninstall or Change Program I right clicked on Microsoft Office 2010 and performed a repair. After the repair Outlook was no longer corrupt and I was able to reset Outlook 20110 as my default email client.

I also experienced a problem with my HP Officejet Pro 8100 not being my default printer and it appears that the update messed up the drivers for my printer. To resolve I went out to HP downloaded the appropriate driver setup program and re-ran it on my system. After the setup my printer was again working properly.

brentrjones

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
After installing the Fall Creators Update a message popped up that said that I had no default email client where before Outlook 2010 was my default email client. Checked and Outlook 2010 was not available to set as my default and a further check of Outlook 2010 showed that it was corrupted and it was not corrupted prior to the update. Went to control panel and opened from Programs and Features/Uninstall or Change Program I right clicked on Microsoft Office 2010 and performed a repair. After the repair Outlook was no longer corrupt and I was able to reset Outlook 20110 as my default email client.

I also experienced a problem with my HP Officejet Pro 8100 not being my default printer and it appears that the update messed up the drivers for my printer. To resolve I went out to HP downloaded the appropriate driver setup program and re-ran it on my system. After the setup my printer was again working properly.

Your karma was strong, Grasshopper.

anon(9099462)

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I regret updating to the Falls Creators Update. It first pretty much reset it all of my programs and apps. It removed several of my apps and programs and I had to install and setup several programs and apps. It removed the Windows Store app for some reason I can't find it anywhere. The way I can open it is by searching on the web for it. I used the Upgrade Assistant to do the upgrade. I really don't feel like restoring my Surface not knowing if that will fix the problem for sure.

Jason77Jan

Oct 26, 2017
Visit site
I have rolled-back and disabled further updates in Services. This update is nothing than trouble. I did install good and it was working fine for a while. Then I let my pc alone for a few hours and when I wanted to work further, my windows was utterly slow. I don't have such problems with Redstone 2 update. Second problem: system volume information was suddenly 20GB bigger. I have used a backup restoration to fix it again and to roll back to RS2. Third problem: file problems with Office. Fourth problem: Pes and Fifa games don't start anymore. End result: this update is garbage and I don't install it anymore.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
On my wife's laptop, it wants to restart to finish installing the update. When I click the "Restart Now", it restarts, but normally without even attempting to upgrade. The upgrade is still sitting there when I return to the Windows Update screen, asking to restart. ?!?

Tried restarting several times. Grr. It failed to install updates 2x previously, but never got far enough to attempt to restart.

I have tried doing the media creation tool method, and it has failed to complete being able to install the media to the USB drive 2x so far, on 2 different computers. I also tried it on my computer which has already been upgraded, and it failed again.

I don't have another USB Drive large enough to handle the install except for my 128GB, which contains backups I don't want to lose.

Jason77Jan

Oct 26, 2017
Visit site
Problem 5 (I forgot) Many BSOD after starting windows. Usually after around 5 minutes. Problem 6: suddenly many progs are not compatible anymore. You better STOP doing updates. STOP Windows 10 updates. RED STONE 2 is perfect. Red Stone 3 is destroying / Messing-up you're computer. Even GAMES don't work anymore. STOP UPDATES !! My pc would then be weak against attacks, you ask ??? NO !!! Better spend money in a good anti-virus + firewall. A good firewall protect you more, than these stupid updates. These updates will sure make other stuff, WORK WORSE !!! If you're windows is working fine, STOP UPDATES in "SERVICES". And spend you're next money in better FIREWALL security and stuff.

Jason77Jan

Oct 26, 2017
Visit site
Why ??

1) I've got now a: DOULBE FIREWALL protecting
See the movie: Independance day (5 FIREWALL Layers) I've got 2 NOW !!!

2) I've got 5 internet surfing protectors .........

3) I've got 4 ANTI - RANSOMWARE protectors !!!

4) I've got 4 ANTI - Malware / Trojans / ... protectors !!

5) I've got several back-up progs, in case of an attack !!!

Since with ALL these layers of protection, I've never SEEN any ATTACK anymore.

Even my = Microsoft Windows XP = still working, without any ATTACK !!!!!!!!

All ATTACKS = BLOCKED !!!!

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Why the hell wont onedrive files automatically download to my PC anymore??? This is happening since files on demand. I have set to always keep on PC, but when I add new files to the folder that is synced to my PC, it doesn't download.

Its frustrating to manually download stuff all the time, from several different folders to several different folders!!!!!!!!!!!

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Dear forumers,

Could you, please, check, does new "swype on-screen keyboard" swype input works only with UWP apps? I tried on different Win32 apps like notepad++ or chrome - swype do not show any suggestions after swype move ends.

Also sometimes after automatic logout fingerprint device build in my tabet just disappears and it is possible to enter just a pin or passoword to log in. Anyone has the same problem?

TerriB

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I installed the Creators Update a few days ago and strange things are happening. When I start the computer programs/apps are opening by themselves. First it was Outlook 2016 including the last email I looked at before closing Outlook for the day. Then Chrome opened by itself but not Outlook. The last two times I booted up - the virtual keyboard and Outlook were open. There is nothing in task manager startup tab for any of these to launch at startup. I have very few things that I allow at startup so that I can control whats active. I have not made any other changes to the pc and i am the only user. I ran malwarebytes and have Norton but nothing shows any issue other than the usual PUPs.

Chrome and Outlook are pinned to my taskbar as shortcuts but so are other programs and they don't open when I boot up. The Virtual keyboard sits on the right side of the taskbar so I can access it when I want to...usually to access emojis.

I don't think its dangerous for these programs to open on their own but its odd and I don't like it. I really don't want to mess too much with the registry but any advice on what may be causing this would sure be appreciated.

John Casey1

Dec 6, 2017
Visit site
I am very unhappy with the new Windows 10 "Creator" update.
I have worked in the Computer Industry for 38 years, I do know my way around the PC and more. I performed the update on 2 PCs, both started showing C+ pop-up errors right away. Then I noticed my Norton Security Suite would not open..that means no password Vault. Also, the sound was gone from the PC, i tried all the playback speakers, no luck. Backed out the update on this one PC. I am disappointed that Microsoft did not verify this update very well. Even though I have found several methods of stopping any more windows 10 updates, I would like you to provide a one click setting option, "turn windows update on or off". It was not worth it to me to spend 10 hours to (find) and reinstall all the programs on the PC and troubleshoot. Just backed it out...Norton is back and so is my sound. AND, PC was very slow with the update.....

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Wow, what a piece of crap 16299.64 is. I had a great little 2 in 1 Dell Inspiron 1100 and this upgrade killed it.

I ROUTINLEY have to manually connect the WiFi on boot but have just figured maybe the next update would fix it....that's been a year plus now.

So I just got this update 3 weeks ago and it has been terrible. My Microsoft Bluetooth Designer mouse is continually stopping........then it starts to sloooooooowwwwwllllly creep across the screen. Everything was laggy, pages took forever to load so I figured it was time for a fresh install......

It is basically a bare install, I saved nothing. I opened one tab of Edge and it can't handle it, sucking up 60% + of my CPU..... Just lost Windows Explorer when I did a cnt alt delete to pull up task manager....just a black screen with a taskbar.

Ubuntu is looking pretty attractive right now, I know that will run good on here...

Aziz Yankee

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone!

Does anyone know how can I get rid of the space/gap before icons? I've tried to remove the "Tick" thingy, but still, there is a huge gap before icons.

This gap appears only when icons are shown in the way of "Tiles" and happened after I did an upgrade. Same thing on two machines.

Windows 10 version 1709 (OS Build 16299.125)

Attachments

• iconGap.PNG
    iconGap.PNG
    31.7 KB · Views: 1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes