Will a continuum dock work on a Tablet PC?

Geez63

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lenovo Miix 510 and I bought a usb "c" to HDMI adapter to drive an external monitor. This works fine with my Lumia 950, I can connect a monitor and use the phone as a trackpad.

This made me wonder if the Microsoft Dock would allow me to connect the USB C port on the Lenovo and use the USB and HDMI ports in the same way. The Continuum Dock is so much cheaper than other docking stations and I dont need it to charge the tablet as it has a separate charging socket. Of course i'd be able to use it with the Lenovo and the Lumia 950 too.,

I'd appreciate any help with this before I order one.

Mike Semblance

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
I wish I could test this for ya man, but I'm too scared to plug my CHUWI 10 into a Continuum dock.
I have 4 Microsoft Docks and at $34 I'm not afraid to fry out a dock, but the CHUWI is another matter.
If I was to guess, I'd say it wouldn't work unless you had the phone OS installed on the tablet .. .. but that's just a guess. You need real answers.

Cheers

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
If your tablet has a separate charging port, surely all you'd need is a powered hub with one usb-c port no? (seeing as you already have the HDMI out adapter).

Docking stations usually don't have much over hubs. They might have a wired network or sound output, but that's not much of an advantage really.

Of course we don't know if the continuum dock would work, but I suppose you want one hub that works with both. Does a plain hub work with continuum on the 950?

Geez63

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
yes the £10 display adapter I got for the Lenovo tablet works on the phone. It would be amazing if I could have one dock which works. I dont want to buy it just for the phone, as I dont anticipate using continuum with such a portable proper pc.

I am very surprised no one has tried this!

Geez63

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a USB 3.0 to HDMI adapter for one monitor and the USB c 3.0 adapter for the other. This doesn't leave me with any other ports for external drives etc. I have a powered 7-way USB hub, but the USB 3.0 to HDMI monitor adapter doesn't work unless it is connected direct to the tablet. Hope all that makes sense. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte