Cannot install .p7x certificate

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft decided that I was having too much fun with Universal Emulator / NESBox so removed it from the store. However, you can still download the .appx package, which I did. When I went to install it I got a certificate error...

snip_20170627073532.png

I found the certificate and tried to install it; it is a .p7x certificate. However, the obvious and documented ways to import certificates will not install this type of certificate. I even copied the certificate and renamed it something the manager would accept, but that method failed.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

ph_loe

Jul 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi Sunstorming,

is your Windows 10 set to Developer Mode?
If it is not, go to Settings -> Update and Security -> For Developers and enable Developer Mode under "use developer features". Reboot your Computer and try installing again.

I may be wrong, but i think the .pfx file is only used to sign the app. You do not have to install the .pfx file. Instead, you should either try to install the certificate from your .appx file's properties or try to use the .cer file which was used to create the .pfx file. If you have the .cer File, install it to your Computers "TrustedPeople" store. And after that, try installing the app again.

Were you able to install the app?

Cheers, ph_loe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes