This happened out of the blue two days ago. Applications do work, but if I click a document (anywhere in the directories) I always get this popup :
    ''Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\.... -insert whatever thread here- . Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again.''
    I have tried right clicking and opening and I still get the same popup. I have ran kaspersky and it came up with a no malware/virus result.
    I'm not sure how to fix this at all but I really need to access my files , has anyone encountered a problem like this before and successfully managed fixing it?
    07-17-2017 11:04 AM
    Firstly, do a SMART check on your HDD, if that looks good do a full test with your HDD manufacturer's utility. It is quite possible the drive is failing (happens). If so, try to rescue what you can. Perhaps boot from a DOS disk to see if that helps. It's for situations like this that you make your backups and use File History though, so plan B is to either do a diskpart clean and restore your OS image or reinstall, then recover your files from File History (if your drive tests out OK). If your tests showed a failing drive and a diskpart clean then reformat doesn't help, restore to your new drive which will need to be bought.

Do check your drive connections before spending money though, of course.
    07-18-2017 05:13 AM
    Try using System Restore, go back a few days, when it was working.
    Have you recently updated Windows and/or MS Office ?
    07-25-2017 07:54 AM