Why MS do not make Windows 10 tv's as google made android tv ?

dharma teja1

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Apps in Windows 10 store are sufficient if MS makes Windows 10 tv. Even android doesn't support all of it's playstore apps in tv.
Keyboard and mouse support with Windows 10 tv will be better than using them with android tv

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Whilst as a past Media Centre lover I'd love this, there really is no point. Such a market requires long term commitment as people expect TV and associated devices to last even longer than computing devices. And we all know Microsoft's flaky approach. So who would buy in to that without seeing many years of commitment from MS first? It is clear MS are retrenching from the consumer space so this kind of thing is wishful thinking. Perhaps, once they've found a buyer for the Xbox business, the new owners will consider this kind of thing and branch out. It is clearly a grand idea for an under TV device like Xbox. I've always wished MS's TV app had followed a more Netflix like model. We can only home MS find a really forward thinking company to take on their remaining consumer devices rather than just letting them slide, but no chance of them going the full consumer route on TV now they are closing their streaming services. Wish it were otherwise, but no hope.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I am still mad over not including WMC in Windows 10. I would have gladly paid for it like I did with Windows 8.

anon(10324754)

Sep 24, 2017
Visit site
This was actually proposed once as the xbox mini wasnt it? More of an apple tv device. Can see now why that would never have worked in hindsight. I was thinking of getting one if it ever eventuated and using it with Groove and movies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes