Missing items in startup tab and corrupted apps

Mehrdad Aria

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi

i have 2 problem with my win 10 pro

1. some items in startup tab in task manager are missing ! almost 75% of them.

2. i cant open some windows built-in apps like weather, onenote, ...
when i want to open them i see this message:
Capture.JPG

i reinstalled them but after one day i cant open them again :(

can i fix this problems or i should install a new windows ?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi

i have 2 problem with my win 10 pro

1. some items in startup tab in task manager are missing ! almost 75% of them.

2. i cant open some windows built-in apps like weather, onenote, ...
when i want to open them i see this message:
View attachment 137488

i reinstalled them but after one day i cant open them again :(

can i fix this problems or i should install a new windows ?

First of all I would recommend backing up all your data as you may need to reset or do a clean install.

Secondly you will need to download the Reinstall-preinstalledApps.zip from:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=619547

Once done, follow these steps:

1. Extract the zip file to the desktop or any other directory of your choice.
  2. In the search box / cortana's search box type in powershell
  3. hold control and shift together before opening powershell - this will open it with admin rights or right click powershell icon and left click "run as administrator"
  4. (Note: username is the "pc account" you are currently logged in with) Once powershell opens type CD C:\Users\username\Desktop then press enter.
  5. Then type Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted then press enter
  6. Then type .\reinstall-preinstalledApp.ps1 then press enter
  7. Then type Set-ExecutionPolicy AllSigned then press enter
  8. You may need to reboot for changes to take affect.

If the above doesn't work, you will either need to do a clean install or do a basic reset.

To do a reset, go to settings then recovery and under reset this PC click get started or refresh your PC without affecting your files and if you only see the first button "get started", choose the option that allows you to keep your data.

Then you will need to a clean install, however you could do a inplace upgrade and remove the old windows install files using disk clean up (to open this press control + r together then type in cleanmgr.exe -> at the bottom of the new dialogue box - click clean up system files and click for temporary installation files and old windows files -> tick them and click ok).

But it's always recommended for a piece of mind to do a clean install as there is always chance of an obscure file corruption when doing an inplace install - it has happened to me twice in the past.

Let us know how you get on.

Mehrdad Aria

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
thank you for reply. i tried repairing but was bad idea, seems the best solution is clean install. releasing fall creators update is near, i want to install this version instead of upgrading.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
thank you for reply. i tried repairing but was bad idea, seems the best solution is clean install. releasing fall creators update is near, i want to install this version instead of upgrading.

No problem.

I see, it looks like you've got it all in hand :)

I would recommend dowloading a tool called Rufus to create your bootable USB for the fall creators update.

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
There's an official tool to create a bootable USB, also the fastest way to install latest Windows versions (the tool is made available on release date). Once downloaded it only takes about 10min to clean install or upgrade any PC.
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fsoftware-download%2Fwindows10&token=WWdg8lvk

If you don't want to go through reinstalling, the upgrade probably would fix it (as it actually installs the new OS alongside the old one, then copies your files and apps over), so you could try that.
That being said, I would always recommend a clean install, it's always a more reliable idea.

The missing items in Startup list might be Services (instead of apps), so they won't show in the Task Manager list. So if you're looking for specific items, make sure that they're actually apps (.exe), and not services. If you want to disable the services, type "services" into Cortana and you'll get a list of those.

Mehrdad Aria

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
There's an official tool to create a bootable USB, also the fastest way to install latest Windows versions (the tool is made available on release date). Once downloaded it only takes about 10min to clean install or upgrade any PC.
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fsoftware-download%2Fwindows10&token=P5kZ1Sta

If you don't want to go through reinstalling, the upgrade probably would fix it (as it actually installs the new OS alongside the old one, then copies your files and apps over), so you could try that.
That being said, I would always recommend a clean install, it's always a more reliable idea.

The missing items in Startup list might be Services (instead of apps), so they won't show in the Task Manager list. So if you're looking for specific items, make sure that they're actually apps (.exe), and not services. If you want to disable the services, type "services" into Cortana and you'll get a list of those.

At first i will try upgrading, and about missing items in task manager: i had many items before, like Avira, comodo, acronis, ... but now all of them are missing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon