How can I copy a VHD of my boot drive back to this boot drive?

TechnoMax

May 1, 2017
Visit site
Half a dozen of my personal udates to Windows Fall Creators Update 1709 were successful, physical and virtual machines, new ones and even a netbook. But my main rig cannot be updated. It ends with a simple error message but with no specific error code.

But to my total surprise a VHD that I made from my physical Windows system drive could be updated. Now I want to copy this back to my physical machine of course. But how? Obviously I need a programm that can produce a bootable USB stick and that then converts the VHD or a backup of it made by itself or another programm back to the system partion of my computer.

Which software would be appropriate for this task?

Last edited:

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I've not done this before, but here's an idea. Try running up the VHD then make a system image to an external HDD with the built in Windows imaging system (link to it in the 'Windows 7 Backup' area in the old control panel) not forgetting to make a recovery disc/stick whilst you're at it. You should then be able to restore the image to your main boot drive I expect, just like any other system image.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes