Windows Store Icon

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Just had mine update/change today, saw it first on WM. And that's not the only change I noticed, MS AGAIN moved the menu (ellipses) - Can they not decide where things need to be or are they that indecisive?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Just had mine update/change today, saw it first on WM. And that's not the only change I noticed, MS AGAIN moved the menu (ellipses) - Can they not decide where things need to be or are they that indecisive?

There is a method behind the madness ;)

Lumia928

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Rather than fannying around with the colours they should fix all the dumb bugs in the application.

As per one of the reviews for the store, "before they want to encourage application delivery through a service they should ensure their service is reliable"

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Rather than fannying around with the colours they should fix all the dumb bugs in the application.

As per one of the reviews for the store, "before they want to encourage application delivery through a service they should ensure their service is reliable"

Couldn't agree more. Considering Windows 10 is almost 28ish months old since its official release, MSFT's efforts aren't very well showcased when they implement such a SUBSTANTIAL update as this :winktongue:

Mich2017

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
I actually appreciate that they are working on these icons, because I had a difficult time with distinguishing the Store icon from the File Explorer icon. For some reason, I always had to scan both with my eyes and it took me about two seconds to for the correct icon to register in my head.

However, I'd like to suggest to Microsoft:
- This new store icon is VERY different in that it is a front projection rather than oblique.
- This now is sufficiently different from the File Explorer icon, but the File Explorer icon is really bad. Why not a much simpler Folder icon?
- Also, other MS icons are very dumb. SAVE on many MS apps are a 3.5" DISK! What the hell? A floppy diskette means NADA to my daughter. Way to try to get young people to like MS products. Who's in charge of this sort of thing?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon